book characters with no costume?? help!! sorry another world book day thread

(19 Posts)
twinklesparkles Thu 07-Mar-13 06:41:19

Hi guys

Well, being the terrible disorganised mummy I am, my ds doesn't have a costume for world book day.

Has to be in school in 2 hours! Help!!

Surely there's just some kids in books that have no costumes?

Thought about sending him as andy from toy story... Yes! Yes! I know NOT a book. Its a film.... There are however story versions of the film?? Thatll do won't it??

Maybe not...

Ok so hit me with your ideas..

There must be some

smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Thu 07-Mar-13 06:43:45

Julian and Dick from The Famous Five - jeans and a jumper.
Horrid Henry

The kids from The lion, the witch and the wardrobe.
Peter Pan, I'll try to think of more

Draw a lightning bolt on his forehead and find something to use as a wand and send him in as Harry Potter! Harry wears normal clothes when not at Hogwarts smile

Blankiefan Thu 07-Mar-13 06:45:57

Harry Potter? School uniform, a lip liner scar on the head and a stick. If you're feeling adventurous, add a black pashmina as a cape?

BebeBelge Thu 07-Mar-13 06:46:05

Has he got brown clothes? Staple some twigs and leaves on and call him Stickman? Send him in pjs and dressing gown and be the kid from The Snowman or one of the boys from Peter Pan? Sorry, best I can do!

Silverlace Thu 07-Mar-13 06:46:52

Horrid Henry - scruffy hair and untidy clothes?

Danny Champion of the world - a spanner and a dirty cloth?

I am smug today as my boys' school are going on an outing so only wellies are required. Good luck.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 07-Mar-13 06:47:11

If he has toy dinosaurs, stick them in a sand bucket, Harry and the dinosaurs!

Has he got a Winnie the Pooh teddy?If he has normal clothes + Winnie and you've got Christopher Robin.

exoticfruits Thu 07-Mar-13 06:54:14

If you have a striped top I used to do Burglar Bill. Any trousers - striped top- make a back eye mask- carry a torch and a pillowcase for the 'swag'.

Fakebook Thu 07-Mar-13 07:13:37

Horrid Henry or perfect Peter.

nokidshere Thu 07-Mar-13 07:17:21

Charlie Cook - Jeans and t shirt smile

Eastpoint Thu 07-Mar-13 07:17:43

The boy from The Iron Man - needs to be 7 or 8 though or he wouldn't have read it.

twinklesparkles Thu 07-Mar-13 07:24:43

Thanks guys you're great

Gonna send him as charlie from charlie and the chocolate factory smile got an old jumper here smile ... Not got any props other than chocolate, but he isn't allowed to take that to school so that's not my fault lol! smile

Is there no grandpa you can borrow for the day?grin

julieann42 Thu 07-Mar-13 07:44:04

Add the golden ticket for Charlie...eat a bar of chocolate on the way to school and keep the gold foil for the golden ticket!

jendot Thu 07-Mar-13 08:21:21

My kids have books with 'them' in as characters (personalised) they have decided that they are going as themselves!
Not really in the spirit of book day, but has saved me a fortune!

twinklesparkles Thu 07-Mar-13 10:48:38

Well, I took him into school

None of them were book characters.. They were all bloody film/tv characters!!

Completely forgot the golden ticket

And ds is convinced he's going to a chocolate factory with school ... I think his teachers not going to have an easy day when he realises he's not going!! grin

ukatlast Thu 07-Mar-13 13:39:57

A bit late but TinTin requires a minimal costume (brown trousers tucked into long socks to resemble plus fours, white shirt with blue jumper or yellow polo shirt), bit of mousse in hair to flick it up at the front....done.

Our theme was foreign book characters, hence the need to look a bit further afield than Harry Potter (my usual fallback).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now