Am I being a Petty Fucker? Checkout etiquette.

(82 Posts)
slatternlymother Wed 06-Mar-13 15:26:03

It's been a long day, so I'm prepared to be told I am being unreasonable.

At Tesco, I started putting my stuff on the conveyor belt. I had lots of stuff. Woman comes up behind me and plonks her basket down, slams one of those dividers down in the middle of the belt and put 8 items down, leaving me to pile up my stuff in the section she'd left me.

AIBU to have thought she should've waited for me to finish unloading my shopping before she put her stuff on? It's not like she was going to be able to get through until I'd finished anyway. The man was already tilling up my stuff.

I'm a Petty Fucker, aren't I?

Hassled Wed 06-Mar-13 22:01:25

I shop in the wrong sort of shops. This has NEVER happened to me and I feel a bit robbed.

But can I just say that while Hecate might be the PA in Supermarkets Queen, I am the Queen of Packing at Aldi. They chuck the stuff at me with their ruthless Germanic efficiency and I keep up with them. If I can get to the point where I'm drumming my fingers waiting for them to chuck the chocolate at me then I will die a happy woman.

Whojamaflip Wed 06-Mar-13 22:07:17

I had this last week - woman huffed and puffed when I pointed out I hadn't finished unpacking, then she moved forward as I put my last bag into the trolley so when I turned round to put my pin in she was standing by the chip and pin machine.

I just stood there (all the time in the world) until she queried why her shopping wasn't being put through and it was pointed out that I still hadn't paid. She tutted and stood back. I just smiled sweetly and asked to her move to the other side of the till as I would rather she didn't see my pin number. I then waited until she moved eventually grin

Tanith Thu 07-Mar-13 11:37:53

"10 items or FEWER!"

I was merely quoting the grammatically incorrect sign above the checkout <sticks superior nasal orifice in the air and sniffs>

You're right, though blush

rainbow2000 Thu 07-Mar-13 12:30:21

I worked as a checkout operater and i would have told her to wait you were not finished.Same way i told another woman to move back and let someone put their in in.She called over my manager and she agreed with me.

Shutupanddrive Thu 07-Mar-13 12:36:53

Of course she was rude! This has never happened to me (hoping it does, I need to go and do a shop tomorrow!) smile

Trills Thu 07-Mar-13 12:41:02

I love Olivia.

Whojamaflip grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now