To remind you to get your passport applications done now!

(59 Posts)

Applied for DD3's first passport last week, it arrived yesterday! So turn around of 1 week instead of the predicted 3 weeks!

So, everyone who needs passports done, do it now to avoid stress in the summer! smile

CocacolaMum Wed 06-Mar-13 08:20:59

That HAS reminded me to go and ask the school for dd's application back from them (needed a countersignature) to send it off for our holiday/honeymoon in July so YANBU and TYVM!

AnyFucker Wed 06-Mar-13 08:22:12

Done <smug>

CamperWidow Wed 06-Mar-13 08:54:01

Thanks Tinker, need to get DD2s passport done before we go on our surprise trip to Disneyland Paris with the GPs!!!

roses2 Wed 06-Mar-13 08:58:07

My DS passport took a week too! Sent it 1st week Feb.

Fakebook Wed 06-Mar-13 09:08:50

Ds's took less than a week back in December. Mine and Dd's renewals took a week and a half in mid Feb.

mrsjay Wed 06-Mar-13 09:10:54

I did dd and mine 1st of february took 10 days to come and I didnt even do the check and send thing just posted it <likes living on the edge>

NoBloodyMore Wed 06-Mar-13 09:11:12

Yes do it now! We had a nightmare last year getting DS first passport, took 6 weeks, had to get our MP involved, pay a fortune and it arrived the day before we flew, never ever leaving it until summer again.

mrsjay Wed 06-Mar-13 09:11:30

week*

RoseGarden123 Wed 06-Mar-13 09:25:27

I put mine in 6 weeks ago and still nothing!! They just keep telling me it is 'in process'!!

stormforce10 Wed 06-Mar-13 09:32:55

Thank you. I am breastfeeding ds and having seen your thread will go NOW and fill in his passport application online. I did his passport photos on Monday

God, you have just reminded me I need to do mine.

Thanks!! smile

AbigailAdams Wed 06-Mar-13 09:37:32

About to do it now! Great minds think alike and all smile

ByTheWay1 Wed 06-Mar-13 09:39:44

If it is for a child or an adult renewal it returns quite quickly - if it the first one for an adult it can be about 2 months!

drownangels Wed 06-Mar-13 09:44:17

I posted mine the other Monday afternoon and got it back in the post on Thursday. I thought there might have been a mistake and I had to return something else when I first saw the envelope and couldn't believe that the passport had been processed. It was a renewal but even so I thought that was mega quick.

Pootles2010 Wed 06-Mar-13 09:45:34

Ooh thanks need to get on with it. Need ds's first passport - but need to get his 'full' birth cert first. Anyone know how to do this? Looked online but all seems to be about how to get a copy confused

pootles you should have received his full birth certificate when you went to register him!

MissEverdeen Wed 06-Mar-13 09:48:24

Silly question re passports; do DH and I need them to get the ferry to N.Ireland? And mine still has my maiden name on it...does it need to be changed before we go??
Tia

OddBoots Wed 06-Mar-13 09:48:38

Pootles, a copy is fine, it'll be a certified copy so as long as it's a copy of the full one you can use it.

OddBoots Wed 06-Mar-13 09:49:26

I'm assuming here is where you looked btw.

redandwhitesprinkles Wed 06-Mar-13 09:53:02

You only get short copy when you register birth-you need to pay for full copy. You go to the registry office and pay and wait.

Poledra Wed 06-Mar-13 09:55:47

Oooh, thanks for the reminder - my passport (and driving licence) run out this month, so I need to get both done. Cheers!

mrsjay Wed 06-Mar-13 09:56:36

It was a renewal but even so I thought that was mega quick.

that was really quick

you dont need a passport to go to N I your driving license will do unless you are not getting the ferry from the UK confused

We paid for the full copy when we went to register DD3, as when you do it later you would have to pay more...

RobotHamster Wed 06-Mar-13 10:13:42

Pootles - contact your registry office - they'll be able to give you details of how to apply for the full birth certificate. We did the same thing (forgot cash when we went to register DS). Still not 100% I ever applied for the full cert though, so will have to check that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now