Parents bringing dogs into school grounds

(28 Posts)

My kids go to a school that you have to drive to and I've noticed recently that more and more parents are driving to school, parking, getting out their dogs and then coming to stand outside the school to collect their kids. Once they've collected their children they often let them play in the school grounds with their dogs. I have on occasion seen a dog crapping on the school playing field whilst parents chat and the children play.

AIBU to think school should have a strict no dogs rule. Not everyone likes them, the dog poo issue is obvious and I just can't see why people think a school is the right place to take a dog.

Waferthinmint Tue 05-Mar-13 19:28:15

School dog and several cats at my school too

NeverWinsMNComps Tue 05-Mar-13 19:31:01

There are school dogs? And cats? I need to find these schools.

LucyBTA Tue 05-Mar-13 19:46:28

Ours has a no dogs in the playground rule. But there seems to be a nice informal arrangement among the dog-owning parents that one will stay just outside with the dogs while the others go to collect their kids. Which seems eminently sensible to me. The dogs still get a walk and the rules are not broken. Job done.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now