To be suspicious

(30 Posts)
Stelmosfire Tue 05-Mar-13 05:27:06

I have something preying on my mind and need to ask this question even though I'm scared of the answer I may get.

BF of a few years house shares in town he works. He received a txt from the young woman who also lives there which I saw on his phone and got him to open in front of me. This woman is many years younger than both of us.

He was really cross that I was suspicious and he has a way of making me feel bad about asking any questions.

The txt was asking if he was at home and ended in the word " babe"
He txt back in front of me saying " no what's up?"

She went on to say about she wasn't going to come home and something about letting the cats out and getting in trouble from her mum.

AIBU to worry there is something going on? I just don't feel comfortable with the " babe" bit but I know to some people it's just a turn of phrase. Do I give him a hard time for nothing?

Stelmosfire Tue 05-Mar-13 10:28:12

Because " kids" aren't usually friends with adults not in the way 2 adults are friends with each other, so in which case she must be an adult

BIWI Tue 05-Mar-13 10:37:03

Really? Are you very young yourself, Stelmosfire?

I think you are trying to look for ways, now, to find an issue where there is none.

ErikNorseman Tue 05-Mar-13 10:38:22

But they are flat mates! You are starting to sound bonkers. Why shouldn't he be friends with his flat mate, whatever her age? Do you have a problem with him living with her?

Stelmosfire Tue 05-Mar-13 10:56:20

Ok I guess I have to hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong and yes probably a bit bonkers. Jealousy issue I guess. I,ve never really had a big issue with I'm living there before thought

Stelmosfire Tue 05-Mar-13 11:06:10

That should be"him living there though"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now