To dislike Brian McFadden

(227 Posts)
madamezouzou Mon 04-Mar-13 13:34:12

There's a quote from him in this DM article where he says:

'They [the kids] have got really terrible northern, Manchester accents. They're really common because of where they live and who they live with.’

AIBU to think that it's just not on to criticise your children- or anyone's children, really- like that? Personal feelings about accents/ "common-ness" (blergh) aside. Imagine how they will feel when they read that some day.

Sounds like he's buggered off to somewhere more glamorous and now regards his old life, and his old family, as beneath him. Not on.

article

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Mon 04-Mar-13 19:37:17

Exactly Jelly. At least Kerry tries.

He genuinely couldn't give a fuck about them.

AmberLeaf Mon 04-Mar-13 19:50:06

He is a vile sorry excuse for a man/father.

RedPencils Mon 04-Mar-13 19:56:32

He's a tool of the highest order.
Poor KK to fall for a shit like him. Cheating on his stag do? Class act.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 04-Mar-13 19:58:15

Is he still mates with the other members of Westlife or do they hate him too?
His leaving the band didn't make a blind bit of difference to their success, did it?

Clayhead Mon 04-Mar-13 20:00:47

Didn't she live in Wilmslow anyway? Very rough area...hmm grin

Notfootball Mon 04-Mar-13 20:36:16

Didn't he try to return to westlife and they turned him down?

He makes shit dads look good.

forehead Mon 04-Mar-13 22:06:25

He is a twat of the highest order. I cannot stand him and i must admit that i was glad when Delta whatsherface dumped him.
He will pay dearly for being such a shit father.

Ginebra Mon 04-Mar-13 22:11:04

He and his mammie are deluded blamers. he cheated on kk with a stripper or a lap dancer (?) and he and his mammie sat on the late late show trashing kerry. what planet are they on??? and in ireland his own accent is far from dublin 4 . no self awareness.

Ginebra Mon 04-Mar-13 22:18:06

Plus, he is from tallaght !!!!! i know that there is nothing wrong with bei.g from tallaght but most people from tallaght wouldnt be labelling any other place common !! (i cant afford a house in tallaght b4 i end up in trouble)

threerings Tue 05-Mar-13 13:20:57

Wow Brian has really surpassed himself " The best thing about being a dad is that you have to grow up when you realise you are responsible for two little maggots" Gosh yet again this is how he speaks about his kids, Can,t he just can,t help himself in being King Tool.....

RubixCube Tue 05-Mar-13 13:30:36

Didn't he slag Kerry off about one of her daughters weight?I think he shoud maybe look at photos of himself through his west life days.He was no skinny minnie himself.Horrible vile man

jellybeans Tue 05-Mar-13 15:03:20

I can't stand him because he cleared off to Oz to start over with Delta, his kids should have come first. Who would move to another country unless they had to? is he seen as a joke over there or is he popular? Puts himself first when it should be the kids.

DixieD Tue 05-Mar-13 15:15:10

Not that I want to defend the cretinous waste of oxegyen but maggots to describe kids is actually a common enough term used in Ireland. It looks bad written down I suppose, but it is a term of affection. My mother called us it and I use it sometimes with my kids, as does DH. Its like calling them messers or scuts. IE you cheeky little maggot/scut said in jest.

Ginebra Tue 05-Mar-13 19:02:12

I have never heard it myself. Tyke, Scamp, chap... and one i hate 'scut' but never heard maggot used as anything other than bait.

Lighthousekeeping Tue 05-Mar-13 19:06:49

If she has managed to keep them in private school they won't be that common. He's vile. I don't know how he pulled Delta either.

Ginebra Tue 05-Mar-13 19:13:51

he's just clutching at straws looking around for things to criticise. he doesn't know them well enough to find anything real. My own x thinks i have delusions of grandeur because i pursued maintenance instead of carrying on claiming benefits. how's that for a criticism? i had delusions of grandeur and was petty and vindictive to attempt to see him bear some of the responsibility of parenthood.
i think this is why it's so easy to hate brian, there's a little bit of him in my x, or a bit of my x in him/ . my x's mummy thinks he's a victim of cold-hearted Ginebra.

Wishfulmakeupping Tue 05-Mar-13 19:31:37

He's a vile knob, always thought it was disgraceful the way he left those kids. How he has the barefaced cheek to pick apart kk parental skills from afar is a joke he really is an utter twat- who slags off their own children- WHO DOES THAT?!

cornycruzcampo Tue 05-Mar-13 22:10:43

I didn't know that he and his mother went on the telly and slagged of KK shock how rude!
I can't imagine them two being at the top table when his daughters marry....

MoleyMick Tue 05-Mar-13 22:39:52

I'm in Australia and he pops up everywhere, I can't bear him and I have always felt very sorry for kk and those girls.
Brian m has a well documented "bromance" with Kyle Sandilands here, a horrendous mysoginist who has been disgraced a number of times and was the one who interviewed that 14 year old rape victim live on air with some utterly dreadful questions. That they are best mates days a lot.

TraceyTrickster Wed 06-Mar-13 02:15:18

You lot are lucky. He is on bloody TV where you least expect him here in Aus.

He was engaged to a local golden girl, Delta, got his face known/few stints on TV and then they split. Cynical , moi? I loathe the bloke

Wonder if he can meet someone who is big in Antarctica?

StuntGirl Wed 06-Mar-13 02:33:25

They're both pretty abysmal parents but given he fucked off and abandonded them he doesn't actually even qualify as a parent. Or a human being tbh. Twat.

Ozziegirly Wed 06-Mar-13 04:20:09

Unanimous then - Brian is a twat who we all hate.

<Gavel>

Thumbwitch Wed 06-Mar-13 04:26:49

I don't even have to read the article to agree with you. I can't STAND him. He was a judge on Australia's Got Talent and was an utter twat on there, ALL the time.

anonymosity Wed 06-Mar-13 04:51:39

I thought he spent several years trying to win custody of his two girls and travelled back and forth between Australia and the UK to do so?

flippinada Wed 06-Mar-13 08:04:33

If you want to get custody of your kids, moving to the other side of the world would tend not to go in your favour, I should imagine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now