Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To of started this thread?

(153 Posts)
atthewelles Mon 04-Mar-13 10:52:35

It must be very anoying when posters keep littering there threads with stupid grammer and spelling. So I taught it would be a good idea to start a thread for the grammar police full with errors So if your a member of this group and you're time is being wasted, trawling through treads for mistakes this could mean you don't loose so much time. It will also mean you might not be effected by this stuff on other threads as you will get it out of your system here.
So anyway, weather or not your a member of the dreaded grammer police its open to you to come on this thread and spot the mistakes, misspellings, stray apostrophes, incorret use of full stops and commas etc.

Every single mistake you spot is DELIBERATE. None of them are here unintentionally grin

blackeyedsusan England Mon 04-Mar-13 12:34:55

me too fsr.... grin

my mistkes arer usully down to a sticky keybored wot ds sat on, when it falled off of the desk. nd walked on and an his car's ova and sat on some moor.

UntamedShrew Mon 04-Mar-13 12:37:04

Your a genius this was definately a good idea. I don't now why I didn't thinked of it before.

Greensleeves Mon 04-Mar-13 12:41:33

well ladies i hope you enjoy your little thread makeing fun of poeple who cant spell its not that importent most people can make there point without having to b rude but like i say enjoy your thread i was bought up with more manners but thats just me xxxxxxx

Darksideofthe80s Mon 04-Mar-13 12:43:50

I fink you ave bin rearly foughtfall starting this fred and them gramer polise shud of fought better then to of pict on u.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 04-Mar-13 12:44:49

I love the fact that all the grammar/spelling police are staying well away from this thread grin.

atthewelles Mon 04-Mar-13 12:48:01

Yes, I've noticed that too LadyBeagle. Maybe the excitement is too much for them grin.

atthewelles Mon 04-Mar-13 12:50:20

Greensleeves

Apoloagise. I didnt mean to cause offense. I was just hopeing to start an intresting discusion.

ouryve Mon 04-Mar-13 12:51:59

Eye knead chocklit arfter vat.

Nancy66 Mon 04-Mar-13 12:53:15

It is definately good that you have pacifically addressed this.

Greensleeves Mon 04-Mar-13 12:53:21

atthewelles grin

well at leest you said sorry i dont spose you ment any ham...

atthewelles Mon 04-Mar-13 12:56:54

Oh why did you mention ham, Greensleeves. Now I'm dying for a sanwitch.

INeverSaidThat Mon 04-Mar-13 13:00:28

I couldn't see more than a couple of mistakes in the OP. blush

Loose/lose choose/choice of/have AGHHHHHH!!! It does my head in shock

.....and please don't get me started on apostrophes sad

Greensleeves Mon 04-Mar-13 13:01:55

I only ment nasty cheep ham grin

NaicePig Mon 04-Mar-13 13:02:18

Im with Greensleaves !!!!!!

It isnt nice to lagh at peoples grammer and spelling some peple cant help it it must be nice to be u always rite abour evrything!!!!!

I was told if you didnt hav anythin nice to say dont say nothin but maybe thats just me lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Emilythornesbff Mon 04-Mar-13 13:02:21

That was exhausting OP.

atthewelles Mon 04-Mar-13 13:02:25

Don't worry INever There are plenty of posters on this forum who will be quite happy to let you know where you should have put your apostrophes smile.

INeverSaidThat Mon 04-Mar-13 13:02:31

I have learnt/learned whatever how to spell DEFINITELY now. It only took 45 years and the combined nagging wisdom of millions of MumsNetters.

Jojobump1986 Mon 04-Mar-13 13:11:45

Reading that made my toes curl. I'm trying to resist the urge to copy & paste the OP & correct all the 'mistakes' I can find. blush My grammar is far from perfect though so somebody would probably correct my correction! grin

Astelia Mon 04-Mar-13 13:24:14

I cud bearly bare to clik on the thred title. Am disturbingly pleased it is just a bit of fun ect ect.

Salbertina Mon 04-Mar-13 13:27:00

And do we get a discount on an online editing course if we spot all the mistakes?! grin

sneezingwakesthebaby Mon 04-Mar-13 13:29:32

Cunt resist comeing back to this tread too see how its getting one. Loveing all the replys! We are all so good at grammer and spelling and riteing. It makes me real proud too read! I do fell bad thou for us been so good at it becoz it means theirs nothing for the pendants too correct in are posts. They must be real board with nothing too do.

FrankWippery Mon 04-Mar-13 13:32:45

Aaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhh. My eyes have burst.

maras2 Mon 04-Mar-13 13:33:30

I'm too Irish to give a feck.

greenhill Mon 04-Mar-13 13:40:19

<feints>

atthewelles Mon 04-Mar-13 13:43:22

Im irish to Maras2. Its grate being part of such a litery nation. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now