Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

well yes I am because its fb related and I just wanted to pick your brains on whether this is a tad weird.

(19 Posts)
BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 16:19:58

My friend fell out with her friend so that friend defriended everyone of my friends friends on fb. Including me.

I feel like I'm 14 again or something. This is a grown woman with 3 children.
I think its weird. So is discussing it on mumsnet. But then again so are all the spam threads.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 16:21:56

Its Sunday. I am bored. True about the Facebook friends friend though.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 03-Mar-13 16:25:32

That is a bit weird, but then so's FB. My DS's ex unfriended him and his db when they split, but I'm still a "friend" of hers. She's a nice enough lassie and enough of a drama queen that she keeps me entertained, so I'm not desperate to lose her, but all the same... confused

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 03-Mar-13 16:27:20

I don't know. I don't understand being friends with people who aren't your friends and them having access to your private life, thoughts and opinions.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 03-Mar-13 16:29:27

Come to think of it. That's why she did it. She was only friends with you because of her friend. Now she's no longer with her friend, she doesn't want you to be able to reprt back anything to your friend.

This all assumes you aren't really friends with the friend's friend.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 03-Mar-13 16:30:37

I don't post on FB about my "private life" and think my thoughts and opinions should be heard by as many people as possible. grin

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 16:31:10

I don't use Facebook for anything other than silly pictures and private chats with my far flung family. I most certainly don't put personal stuff up. I added her because she wanted in on a local buy and sell group.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 16:32:17

She came out with us a few times and we chatted and got along.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 16:34:17

Damn phone. Try again. I added her,we had got talking at friends birthday dinner. She came out with us a few times. And now poof.

Murphy0510 Sun 03-Mar-13 16:42:08

People have culls all the time, for a variety of reasons. I recently halved my friends list and got rid of anyone that never comments on my statuses or photos or that I never chat to. It seemed pointless having them on there and vice versa. Your fb friend may have simply done the same thing.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 16:44:47

I'm not bothered but the bloody streaming spam was driving me bonkers and im bored. I don't care if she dosent like me now.

Why are Sundays on my own so long?

MrsMushroom Sun 03-Mar-13 16:53:18

Do something BabyMakes. Sew...make....paint...

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 17:17:53

Its making me irrationally stabbish. Not fb,the spam. I was due my period today so am very much in the throes of pmt. Its taking all my energy not to put - shove your football where the sun don't shine wankstain on each of those threads.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Sun 03-Mar-13 17:18:43

I am therefore threading crap about Facebook to keep my itchy fingers happy.

Has she actually defriended you or has she suspended her account?

Tryharder Sun 03-Mar-13 18:04:18

She will add you again when she makes up with her friend.

wink

jjuice Sun 03-Mar-13 18:16:02

When one of my friends and I fell out she defriended and blocked the 20 odd friends of mine that she had added. What I found hilarious though was that she still has 2 of them on - she obviously adds that many peope that she doesn't really know that she has forgotten they are not her friends at all - I get some quite funny messages about her status'

getmeoutofthismadhouse Sun 03-Mar-13 18:19:48

My cousins gf does this all the time . Every time they argue she blocks all his family and then adds us again once they make up!! Its all bloody childish if you ask me ! I have loads of people still on my fb who are friends /related to my ex and vice versa !!

VodkaJelly Sun 03-Mar-13 18:24:39

FB is very odd. My stepson had a girlfriend who i only met a handful of times, and she never spoke to me, even when i gave her a lift once, she never spoke! Then they split up and a week later she sent me a friend request! I did add her just to be nosey.

She does comment on some things and has sent me private messages, but mostly since DD was born 8 weeks ago. She is also friends with DP (stepsons dad), and FIL plus a lot of his couisins. Tis most odd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now