WIBU to keep it??

(80 Posts)
clpsmum Sun 03-Mar-13 14:11:16

Was in Boots yesterday at one of the quite expensive make up counters. Spent quite a bit of money on three products. Got home and discovered one of my dc (who has SN) had not only stolen a bottle of perfume he'd also completely destroyed the box it was in.

Just called the store to tell them and ask whether i should return the perfume or pay for it. they were awful to me. I really feel like keeping the bloody perfume now.

Morloth Tue 05-Mar-13 02:34:34

Meh too hard.

It happens, you tried to be reasonable.

Personally I would just forget about it now and either keep it or donate it.

DS1 was a shocker for this, like a previous poster I got into the habit of a full body/buggy search before leaving all stores.

greenfolder Tue 05-Mar-13 09:27:00

after they spoke to me like that on the phone

i would say "fuck it" and not give it a moments thought.

i am honest like you are. my dd3 took something from waitrose as a baby. i found it when we got home. next time i was in i offered to pay, they said no problem- please put it in the charity box.

if stuff that is valuable is kept within reach of toddlers then its a business risk. your little one could just have easily picked it up and then dropped it on the way home- the loss is the same.

greenfolder Tue 05-Mar-13 09:27:18

and, indeed you have offered to pay.

BinarySolo Tue 05-Mar-13 09:49:55

I would return it by post to head office with a letter of complaint. This way you totally have the moral high ground and you can complain about your treatment. No point complaining to he store as it sounds like you've already discovered the manager there is a twat.

LadyPessaryPam Tue 05-Mar-13 09:53:30

I wouldn't bother TBH. Give the stinking perfume to the charity shop, unless of course you gave the store your name and address?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now