Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think tattoos are actually quite revolting

(160 Posts)
HilaryClinton Fri 01-Mar-13 19:03:19

And don't improve anyone's* look at all

*exception for tattooed nipple in a reconstructed breast I the patient wants to, and similar.

YouTheCat Fri 01-Mar-13 19:23:41

Not even worth a biscuit

targaryen24 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:24:36

and what she said ^^ grin

financialwizard Fri 01-Mar-13 19:24:47

Here have a biscuit

YouTheCat Fri 01-Mar-13 19:28:20

So is it tattoo bashing this weekend?

hwjm1945 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:29:52

Not. Keen on them.think they are a bit silly really.Don't like Cheryl Cole's latest one.but each to their own.Don't see how they could be said to be any more revolting,meaning inspiring disgust,than any other sartorial choice people make.think the OP May have some outraged ideas about the "types" who have tattoos

Stropzilla Fri 01-Mar-13 19:30:46

OH no! Someone I don't know finds a small tattoo that I have in a discrete place revolting! I'd never have had it done if I'd have thought it might upset someone, somewhere. Where's the nearest tattoo removal place?

Really tho, why do people who dislike tattoos a) feel the need to talk about it, and b) think people who choose to decorate themselves that way give a monkeys about their opinion? I dislike plastic surgery for vanity reasons, fake tans and pouting in facebook photos but it doesn't occur to me to worry about it enough to start a thread on it.

Savannahgirl Fri 01-Mar-13 19:31:35

Some tattoos are really attractive and if they are well thought out can look lovely.
The ones I don't like are where they just look like a complete mish mash of pictures and writing up and down arms and on backs as though someone has just been absent mindedly doodling on skin! wink

targaryen24 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:32:03

Surely this thread was started out of boredom anyway?
If not...oh dear grin

kinkyfuckery Fri 01-Mar-13 19:33:12

<yawn>

littlemisssunny Fri 01-Mar-13 19:34:12

I have 2 small tattoos that are discrete and I have because they mean something to me.

I couldn't give a flying fook what anyone else thinks grin

I'm sorry. I was unaware that I needed your approval to ink my own body. hmm

everlong Fri 01-Mar-13 19:36:40

Oh. Well that's a first.

YouTheCat Fri 01-Mar-13 19:38:52

Only someone without tattoos would bother commenting on other people's choice to have ink. People with tattoos would never get all hoiky because you haven't got any.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Fri 01-Mar-13 19:40:20

I don't like the look of them either which is why I choose not to have them. Like most things though, just divert your eyes if what you see isn't pleasing to them wink

EmmaBemma Fri 01-Mar-13 19:40:26

I have one absolutely huge tattoo and am planning more very bold and colourful ones. "Discreet" (word to the wise, people: discrete means separate, discreet means unobtrusive) is definitely not a term I would use to describe either my current or planned ink. However by the sounds of it, HilaryClinton's idea of a "good look" is not something I would ever aspire to, so I will sleep soundly in my bed tonight anyway.

mrsjay Fri 01-Mar-13 19:41:45

I saw 1 the other day and it was dedicated to her ill child I thought it was lovely I dont see what is revolting about them yes some are a bit shoddy and my dad has some that his friend did on him, but I general I think they are nice and can mean a lot to the person, Meh each to their own If i wasnt scared of pain I would get 1

OP in this thread reminding me of the Little Britain vomiting woman. Imagining OP retching and staggering every time she walks down the high street or pops into the gym.

Maggie Blackamoor. Is that you dear?
littlebritain.wikia.com/wiki/Maggie_Blackamoor

mrsjay Fri 01-Mar-13 19:44:14

Ear piercing is mutiliation hilary do you have your ear pierced make up is altering your look do you wear make up.

RatPants Fri 01-Mar-13 19:44:24

I don't like them either but probably wouldn't say that to anyone who has one.

targaryen24 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:44:55

definitely trucks !

mrsjay Fri 01-Mar-13 19:45:24

Imagining OP retching and staggering every time she walks down the high street or pops into the gym.

That is what I thought of the OP staggering and needing some smelling salts and asking to be taken away from the revulsion why clutching a hanky ( i have a vivid imagination though grin

mrsjay Fri 01-Mar-13 19:45:54

while*

Chattymummyhere England Fri 01-Mar-13 19:47:05

Oh crap my body because I have tattoos offends someone...

But then I find "tarts" offend my eyes just as fat people trying to fit into size 8 clothes... No need to start a thread over it... Your personal opinion and one I don't care about..

Doubt I would ever see a person with tattoos starting a thread about those without being revolting though.. Food for thought for the judemental op who feels the need to err be an idiot

greenbananas Fri 01-Mar-13 19:47:16

Some are great and very stylish, some look pretty revolting to my aged and jaundiced eye, but it's not something I can get upset about. I think teenaged boys look fairly silly with their trousers hanging halfway down their bottoms, but I am willing to accept that they think it looks cool, and that tastes do differ.

I do feel a bit hmm when I see very young people with huge, very obvious tattoos that I think they might regret when they are a bit older. But it's still their choice...

Portofino Fri 01-Mar-13 19:47:40

DH was a merchant seamen in his youth and managed to acquire a few. He is now in his 50s and hates them. They have faded and look a bit crap and he worries that they give the wrong image.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now