The bra Interventions continued....

(1000 Posts)

We filled a thread, so here's another!

Missed that - thanks! I am wearing the right size. whoopee!

Now why do they stick in under my arms? If you don't mind...

How do you work out cup size? Just so's I know, for when I lose this extra stone I am carrying or put on more weight

Womenandchickensfirst Thu 28-Feb-13 23:05:07

Thank you*statistically*.

Cup size is basically 1 cup size per inch difference between band and overbust.

Can you describe what/where exactly they are sticking under your arms? And what bras you tend to wear

MrsBW Thu 28-Feb-13 23:05:47

StatisticallyChallenged Thank you!! I will try and report back!!

missmakestuff mine get even more mahoosive for a week every month!!! It's a mare.

13Iggis Thu 28-Feb-13 23:07:36

Forget the mumsnet scarf - ye shall know the mumsnetter by her perfect bosom!

SecondHandNews Thu 28-Feb-13 23:07:59

We should start a bra swap shop for all newly-sized people! Think someone from on the earlier thread was talking about a market on eBay for second hand bras wink I have a couple of barely worn really pretty bras (mimi holiday, princess tam tam and Elle McPherson) in 32C or 32D (and some other decent condition m&s ones in 32D or 32DD) ! grin

I also seriously think mycurvesandme will soon have a lot to thank MN for if my order is anything to go by - they'll be wondering why they have had such a sudden increase in sales!

januaryjojo Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:27

marriednotdead It's bloody lovely. That halterneck/bandeau shape is a very good one for me (I'm sooooo hourglass!). There's another similar one on the site which comes in a 30GG but it's £90 shock.

pomdereplay Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:51

27 (barely) under, 34.5 over.
Have been wearing a 32FF but I can tell it isn't quite right... Any advice would be gratefully received!

Sorry, statisticallyChallenged I missed your brilliant post a while back, no idea how, very useful thanks. Although still confused why I am a H/HH cup as there is 10 - 11 difference between cup and band - that is J/ K isn't it?

It is the ends of the wire, right in the sides of my boobs, mostly buy from bravissimo, think they are freya bras and usually fairly covered over styles, if I buy a balconette (is that right?) half cup or plunge, feel far too overexposed and not supported enough - although do buy them for the odd special outfit, I can't wear them for more than a few hours as think I might pop out. Also tend to really hurt in the centre, pressing between my boobs.

MrsBW yep, every month the same, and oh so tender too, it isn't good. I have to sleep in a soft bra, it's ridiculous..

pinkstinks Thu 28-Feb-13 23:15:35

Ooh help me please! I always thought I was good at this, but the weight has crept on and I don't feel very supported at all sad I measure 38, 50. However I am wearing 36 backs and they are very loose! Please help my wandering bosoms!

KeatsiePie Thu 28-Feb-13 23:18:14

I am so happy the bra consultations are still going on!

I'm 28 under bust and 33 or 34 over. Currently in a 34A, often in a 36A. Can almost never find a comfortable bra.

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:18:15

I have a couple of bras to donate, just pm me:

1 x R&P Vintage, black, 32G (I am probably more of a 30GG/H and this is too big in the back and small in the cup for me). Bought last summer so still in good condition.

1 x Bravissimo Mademoiselle in a 30H. (This is only two months old but is giving me quadraboob and also flattens me! I keep trying it and then putting it back in the drawer. Also, doesn't sit flat between my boobs. Definitely not a true 30H!)

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:21:49

pomdereplay try a 28F

missmakesstuff You're forgetting the 'double letters' - FF, GG, HH

pinkstinks I would say try a 38HH but if your current 36s are loose then try a 36JJ, 34K and sizes around that.

KeatsiePie try a 28E

RayofSun Thu 28-Feb-13 23:24:14

OMG. So I have been bra shopping today at Debenhams. Just bought myself a 32f (!) which fits beautifully and am planning on chucking all those 34c/d's I gave lingering around. Thank you SO Much, AF,SC,CP and Sorrell

Ahh....

How did I not know about Mycurvesandme? They only have a few in my size but I have ordered lots and will send back the ones that don't fit.

Should I just order 32 band or bigger too? then does the cup size go down I guess?

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:26:10

If you're between sizes then I'd suggest you the same bra in both band sizes and yes,a bigger cup for the smaller band,

Sorrel Have you seen this Freya and Pureda?
The Pureda comes up mega tight in the band so you'd probably need a 30GG but it's a nice fit.

Thanks...will do more serious shopping tomorrow I think! Too much maths for one evening...

OwcaDolly Thu 28-Feb-13 23:37:18

Hello, what a great thread! What does 30 under the boobs and 38 over make me?

I've been wearing 34C for ages, but I'm sure that will be the end of that...

Thanks a lot!

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:37:22

marriednotdead I'm quite broad shouldered and find I need a halterneck where the straps come from the side of the cups but have a balconette shape (Fussy? Me?)

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:37:46

OwcaDolly try a 30FF.

chestnutmare Thu 28-Feb-13 23:42:40

What a great thread! I'm almost certain I'm wearing the wrong size! I just measured myself, under measurement is 36, over is 42. What should I try?

Thanks! smile

Startail Thu 28-Feb-13 23:46:17

Almost the same as chestnutmare, 35/31 please

Startail Thu 28-Feb-13 23:46:49

sorry 35/41

This thread is not accepting new messages.