The bra Interventions continued....

(1000 Posts)

We filled a thread, so here's another!

missmakesstuff Thu 28-Feb-13 23:04:00

Missed that - thanks! I am wearing the right size. whoopee!

Now why do they stick in under my arms? If you don't mind...

How do you work out cup size? Just so's I know, for when I lose this extra stone I am carrying or put on more weight

Womenandchickensfirst Thu 28-Feb-13 23:05:07

Thank you*statistically*.

Cup size is basically 1 cup size per inch difference between band and overbust.

Can you describe what/where exactly they are sticking under your arms? And what bras you tend to wear

MrsBW Thu 28-Feb-13 23:05:47

StatisticallyChallenged Thank you!! I will try and report back!!

missmakestuff mine get even more mahoosive for a week every month!!! It's a mare.

13Iggis Thu 28-Feb-13 23:07:36

Forget the mumsnet scarf - ye shall know the mumsnetter by her perfect bosom!

SecondHandNews Thu 28-Feb-13 23:07:59

We should start a bra swap shop for all newly-sized people! Think someone from on the earlier thread was talking about a market on eBay for second hand bras wink I have a couple of barely worn really pretty bras (mimi holiday, princess tam tam and Elle McPherson) in 32C or 32D (and some other decent condition m&s ones in 32D or 32DD) ! grin

I also seriously think mycurvesandme will soon have a lot to thank MN for if my order is anything to go by - they'll be wondering why they have had such a sudden increase in sales!

januaryjojo Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:27

marriednotdead It's bloody lovely. That halterneck/bandeau shape is a very good one for me (I'm sooooo hourglass!). There's another similar one on the site which comes in a 30GG but it's £90 shock.

pomdereplay Thu 28-Feb-13 23:09:51

27 (barely) under, 34.5 over.
Have been wearing a 32FF but I can tell it isn't quite right... Any advice would be gratefully received!

missmakesstuff Thu 28-Feb-13 23:13:20

Sorry, statisticallyChallenged I missed your brilliant post a while back, no idea how, very useful thanks. Although still confused why I am a H/HH cup as there is 10 - 11 difference between cup and band - that is J/ K isn't it?

It is the ends of the wire, right in the sides of my boobs, mostly buy from bravissimo, think they are freya bras and usually fairly covered over styles, if I buy a balconette (is that right?) half cup or plunge, feel far too overexposed and not supported enough - although do buy them for the odd special outfit, I can't wear them for more than a few hours as think I might pop out. Also tend to really hurt in the centre, pressing between my boobs.

MrsBW yep, every month the same, and oh so tender too, it isn't good. I have to sleep in a soft bra, it's ridiculous..

pinkstinks Thu 28-Feb-13 23:15:35

Ooh help me please! I always thought I was good at this, but the weight has crept on and I don't feel very supported at all sad I measure 38, 50. However I am wearing 36 backs and they are very loose! Please help my wandering bosoms!

KeatsiePie Thu 28-Feb-13 23:18:14

I am so happy the bra consultations are still going on!

I'm 28 under bust and 33 or 34 over. Currently in a 34A, often in a 36A. Can almost never find a comfortable bra.

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:18:15

I have a couple of bras to donate, just pm me:

1 x R&P Vintage, black, 32G (I am probably more of a 30GG/H and this is too big in the back and small in the cup for me). Bought last summer so still in good condition.

1 x Bravissimo Mademoiselle in a 30H. (This is only two months old but is giving me quadraboob and also flattens me! I keep trying it and then putting it back in the drawer. Also, doesn't sit flat between my boobs. Definitely not a true 30H!)

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:21:49

pomdereplay try a 28F

missmakesstuff You're forgetting the 'double letters' - FF, GG, HH

pinkstinks I would say try a 38HH but if your current 36s are loose then try a 36JJ, 34K and sizes around that.

KeatsiePie try a 28E

RayofSun Thu 28-Feb-13 23:24:14

OMG. So I have been bra shopping today at Debenhams. Just bought myself a 32f (!) which fits beautifully and am planning on chucking all those 34c/d's I gave lingering around. Thank you SO Much, AF,SC,CP and Sorrell

missmakesstuff Thu 28-Feb-13 23:24:34

Ahh....

How did I not know about Mycurvesandme? They only have a few in my size but I have ordered lots and will send back the ones that don't fit.

Should I just order 32 band or bigger too? then does the cup size go down I guess?

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:26:10

If you're between sizes then I'd suggest you the same bra in both band sizes and yes,a bigger cup for the smaller band,

marriednotdead Thu 28-Feb-13 23:27:24

Sorrel Have you seen this Freya and Pureda?
The Pureda comes up mega tight in the band so you'd probably need a 30GG but it's a nice fit.

missmakesstuff Thu 28-Feb-13 23:28:20

Thanks...will do more serious shopping tomorrow I think! Too much maths for one evening...

OwcaDolly Thu 28-Feb-13 23:37:18

Hello, what a great thread! What does 30 under the boobs and 38 over make me?

I've been wearing 34C for ages, but I'm sure that will be the end of that...

Thanks a lot!

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:37:22

marriednotdead I'm quite broad shouldered and find I need a halterneck where the straps come from the side of the cups but have a balconette shape (Fussy? Me?)

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:37:46

OwcaDolly try a 30FF.

chestnutmare Thu 28-Feb-13 23:42:40

What a great thread! I'm almost certain I'm wearing the wrong size! I just measured myself, under measurement is 36, over is 42. What should I try?

Thanks! smile

Startail Thu 28-Feb-13 23:46:17

Almost the same as chestnutmare, 35/31 please

Startail Thu 28-Feb-13 23:46:49

sorry 35/41

This thread is not accepting new messages.