To be gutted that my statistically intervention didn't work

(45 Posts)
LifeSavedbyLego Thu 28-Feb-13 20:48:45

<sob>

Well sort of she was right about the band size but my bravissimo order arrived today and I definitely do not have FF whoppers or come to that even F ones.

It is a lovely tartan affair too, with matching pants. I never have matching pants. I was looking forward to waltzing round the house in my matching set and feck all else. I was looking forward to norks so enormous I could have someones eye out. sad

Now I will actually have to go to a shop and try things on. angry. This I do not like.

But most of all whilst still clearly at demigod status, statistically has proven herself (marginally) fallible. She was a guru, she was a shinning light in a dark dark world of illfitting underwear. And now it seems she cannot guess the size my norks without ever having met me and only having my possibly unreliable measurements to go on. A sad day. A sad sad day.

<pours self another large wine>

wink

mirai Sat 09-Mar-13 01:40:10

Well you may remember that I live abroad so apart from DH, there was no one to tell! He may had raised an eyebrow ;) We'rencoming home soon though so I'm going to stage an intervention with my friends smile

But have you got used to people giving you the "what, reaalllly, an E???" look yet Mirai?

mirai Fri 08-Mar-13 05:40:36

Too, not to!

mirai Fri 08-Mar-13 05:39:26

Diddl, an F cup in a 30 is a lot smaller than an F cup in a 36! I thought the same as you before my intervention; I was a 34B/C and was told to try a 30E. "Yeah right!" I thought, and ordered a 30D. Way to small. Sent it back and ordered 30DD. Still too small. Ordered 30E and bingo! It's amazing, I don't have to wear padded bras any more either!

theodorakisses Fri 08-Mar-13 05:09:40

They cater for their models who have a size 10 top with 95vv boobs and a size 10 curvy bum. That's what I meant. Why would a normal person want to wear a dress that is skintight and then has a special boob shelf and why do they automatically think everyone wants to show off their cleavage? To be honest, until I had a surgical reduction, clothes and bras never really fitted. The £5000 I spent has probably already been cost effective as i don't constantly buy ill fitting crap anymore that goes in the back of the wardrobe after one wear.

theodorakisses Fri 08-Mar-13 04:11:57

I am not commenting on PEOPLEs sizes, one the fact that they make dresses expecting you to want to wear skintight curvey lycra that do not match human dimensions. The very fact I know this may suggest that i am a person who experienced it? Anyway, it isn't a big deal, if you genuinely thought I was saying that people above a c cup is weird then I am very sorry confused

XiCi Thu 07-Mar-13 13:05:06

I agree. There is virtually no-one out there that caters for those with small backs and large cup sizes. Bravissimo were the first to fit me in a bra that actually fitted and it made the world of difference
Theodoras - why are people with DD+ cup sizes a weird shape? Very fucking rude of you

Tbh theodora I dont think that's entirely fair. Bravissimo target a particular market segment-those with d+ boobs- who are disgustingly underserved elsewhere. Don't think it's very nice to call our dimensions weird either. We get enough of that from retailers thanks.

theodorakisses Thu 07-Mar-13 12:07:09

Oops, that didn't work, I was saying that bravissimo are horrid sizes and their clothes are weirdly cut that only cater for people who have the weird dimensions they think are normal.

Who's horrible Theodorakisses?

theodorakisses Wed 06-Mar-13 15:56:08

they are horrible and only cater for people who are their size

Ha ha nooooo...just procrastinating and distracting myself!

Good luck!

MissSparrow Wed 06-Mar-13 14:42:05

Ooh I'll look them up now! DDs would be a shock but I'll try out a few different sizes ...

Statistically, you are a legend! smile

Could be a 28dd, 28D, 30C or 30D. I think Curvy Kate start their 28s at a D cup.

MissSparrow Wed 06-Mar-13 14:01:37

I got 29" and 33" so I thought that meant 28D or 30C?? Still an 'upgrade' so I'm thrilled grin but the only 28" backs I can find in shops start at DD/F cups sad Online it is then!!

Thanks again for the Bra-volution!

What cup size are you after MissSparrow - 28s are a lot easier online I'm afraid

MissSparrow Wed 06-Mar-13 12:22:31

Thanks to the brilliance of Statistically (and others - thank you!) I think I may also need a new size! However, I'm finding it hard to get 28 backs anywhere (I measured 29", so I think I go down??) ... Anyone had any success? grin

LifeSavedbyLego Wed 06-Mar-13 12:00:24

I couldn't run the the matching pants though but still lovely to have pretty comfy bras..

Ah - a 32DDD is probably around the same as an E so that gives you a good base size to start from.

LifeSavedbyLego Wed 06-Mar-13 11:48:19

32DDD from wacoal. One of which is bright pink! <faints at bravery>
And 32e from Marie Jo. <faints at price>

But they really are comfy and look lovely. Thanks so much for your help.

Oops sorry missed your update too! What did you end up with in the end?

<Waves>

Lego - the cup is the hardest bit to measure and you do get some ladies who fit quite a different cup to their "measurement". My friend, for example - she has had a reduction and uplift. She still has big boobs but they are a lot more "compact" for want of a better word. So her widest point measurement suggests she needs about an H cup, but in reality she doesn't have the full breast volume to support than and wears a G.

EverythingInMjiniature Wed 06-Mar-13 11:31:29

So what was the correct size in the end Lego? Glad you found a good one (or 3!)

BubblegumPie Wed 06-Mar-13 11:29:13

blush oh yes..... Thanks Lego

Does anyone have the link to the original thread? I can't remember it all now and I never got around to it when it was active.

LifeSavedbyLego Wed 06-Mar-13 11:27:13

Down, how else are you supposed to hold the tape measure? smile

Firm measure under, loose measure round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now