To ask how many of you have had a bra intervention by Sorrel, Statistically and others?

(1000 Posts)
TickledOnion Wed 27-Feb-13 13:29:00

I've been reading the recent bra threads and love it when people are shocked to discover they are actually a 32F and not a 40A.

So, if you have recently had a bra intervention by Sorrel, SC and others, can you answer the following please:

What size were you wearing?
Who fitted you? (Name and shame please)
What size are you now?

rotavirusrita Wed 27-Feb-13 14:30:38

Ive gone from a 36 a and hating my boobs- i even considered surgery to a 28 /30 dd and thinking they are quite good.... As an aside ive now got a proper sized bikini and it look so much better.
Thank you!!!

maddening Wed 27-Feb-13 14:31:02

Ps she never measured me as she likes to fit bras not measure confused

BHS are also full of bollocks I am afraid smile Honestly. In a well fitting bra, the vast majority of the support comes from the back. It should be firm, and sit completely horizontal around your body. If you pull your bra at the front, you shouldn't be able to pull it away from your body.

All cup sizes are not equal. A 28E and a 38E are not the same volume - have a look at this image

Ranthambore Wed 27-Feb-13 14:31:49

I've always been fascinated by these threads!
Have finally got the tape measure out am 36 under bust and 44 over. Usually wear a 36D...that's not right is it?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 27-Feb-13 14:31:58

Adding is totally wrong. Always.

stretch - the cup volume on a 28E is going to be not far off a 36B. There is a fabulous diagram somewhere to show cup volumes, I will try and find it.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 27-Feb-13 14:33:38

SC is there ahead of me.

Rantham - Try a 36FF, 36G to start with. You may need to go down to a 34, depends on how 'squishy' you are.
I measure 36.5/37 and I wear a 34 back because I have a squashy torso. I have no back fat now.

Maddening, in an ideal world (i.e. doing it face to face) then it isn't necessary to use a tape measure. But it can give a fairly accurate idea of what size you should be trying - it's generally more accurate for the back, and gets you pretty darned close for the cup but sometimes it can be a cup or so out.

Measure as I described further up and post the results smile

I also have to say huge thanks to the boobie ladies on here, I was wearing a 40F, today's bra is a 34H (Freya) due to weight lost it is getting a little large but I will wait before I buy any more.
Before I was stabbed by the underwires regularly, rubbed raw and had dents in my shoulders, now I am very very very happy and most importantly comfortable.

Waves to Alibaba...I was in the M&S fitting rooms last night and even from what I could overhear, some poor lady was getting fitted very very badly!

MrsPresley Wed 27-Feb-13 14:35:23

Oh me!!

What size were you wearing?

40C

Who fitted you? (Name and shame please)

Celticpromise, backed up by SorrelForbes, when I was like shock

What size are you now?

36F and yes it does fit properly and feels so much better, firmer and no baggy cups!

Ranthambore Wed 27-Feb-13 14:36:39

Thanks Alibaba thanks

rotavirusrita Wed 27-Feb-13 14:37:56

The biggest revelation for me was that my armpit/ back fat was actually boob not properly controlled.... Scooping has made all the difference

derektheladyhamster Wed 27-Feb-13 14:41:01

I was a 34b, but I'm now a 32d (actually I should be a 30dd but find it very hard to find them)

I was fitted in La senza in 2004

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Wed 27-Feb-13 14:41:48

36c
34f
M&S

Thanks bra ladies!

Lollydaydream Wed 27-Feb-13 14:42:35

This should be a mumsnet campaign! Ever since I found my true size (thanks to lovely local dept. store who seem to just look at you and know) I've been baffled as to why M&S etc are peddling a fallacious sizing system. Why the heck would you add 5? And of course if everyone was fitted correctly there would be more demand for currently unusual sizes and the shops might stock them.
Shall I calm down now?

Velve Wed 27-Feb-13 14:42:59

TeWiSavesTheDay
Panache and Royce do nursing bras in 28 back. There's some in bravissimo and fegleaves.

stretch Wed 27-Feb-13 14:43:19

I have just pulled my bra away from my body, well, put it this way, I can pretty much take it off without undoing it shock

I am going to have a proper look at that link after the school run, and at the thread I have just found in S&B! grin

Am angry at M&S though, I have just bought 2 bras!

28E?? Really?? <faints>

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Wed 27-Feb-13 14:44:55

I wonder if anyone has gone down in the cup and/or up in the back. I will bet 10p that they haven't.

Silverstar2 Wed 27-Feb-13 14:47:11

Me! I was measured years ago by M&S as a 40C, now thanks for Sorrell, SC etc I am wearing 36G - but still feel it needs a tweak, so am waiting for some 34GG's to arrive in the post.

Ladies, listen to these people on here, and DO NOT ADD INCHES!!!

rotavirusrita Wed 27-Feb-13 14:47:44

How do we go about making this a proper campaign then..... I am converting friends one at a time but maybe if it was more widely pulicised i would be able to buy a 28dd on the high street

I think the only time we have had down in the cup, Doctrine, is when it is a refit after a very large weight loss or post baby/breastfeeding.

Have a read through that blog and the other threads Stretch. It's a whole new world - unfortunately there are very few shops on the high street doing it right. Bravissimo were a bit of a trailblazer, Rigby and Peller do, Leia, John Lewis and Debenhams (but they are a bit hit and miss...ours improved when Bravissimo came to town, I think the fitters all went and got fitted!) but unfortunately the roll-call of companies still using the old method is a long one.

KatieMiddleton Wed 27-Feb-13 14:51:02

Loving the bra intervention! I might look like a right scruff in RL but I always have a well fitting bra.

Top tips:

#1 Always try on a new bra with the fastening on the loosest setting. This is because as you wash and wear it will get looser and you will need to tighten it up.

#2 Make sure the banding is sitting flush against your rib cage and back and isn't riding up or the cups sitting on your boobs. The bit on the banding between the cups should be flat against you with no breast tissue anywhere other than in the cups.

#3 For maternity/nursing bras try Freya, Hot Milk, Bravado and Panache brands. Never go to M&S.

FinnTheHuman Wed 27-Feb-13 14:51:16

I have had the fabulous four boobs look since I started wearing bras. Always measured at M&S.

After losing a bit of weight recently I decided to measure myself using the method described by the lovely ladies here.

For the first time ever I have boobs that fit totally in the cup, I am dead chuffed with my bra. Cannot wait to have a bit of spare cash to go bra shopping again.

M&S measured me as 34DD even when I was a size 8. I am not a size 8 anymore but my last bra that I fitted myself is a 30E.

CEOHome Wed 27-Feb-13 14:51:59

M & S measured me as a 36AA for 20+ years. Bra buying used to make me cry. Usually I just didn't wear them as they were incredibly uncomfortable.

Lovely John Lewis lady took one look at me and without measuring produced a 32C. The most comfortable bra I'd ever bought, probably because it actually fitted. It also made me look like a normal woman by giving me shape, which was an unexpected pleasure.

RedToothBrush Wed 27-Feb-13 14:52:57

My SIL has just finished her bra fitting course for BHS and she said they add 4 or 5?

BHS must go on the hit list then! Your SIL must be kidnapped and retrained secretly.

Threads like these are instant boob jobs and putting plastic surgeons everywhere out of business. There should be an official campaign!

I've known I was a 28/30 back from way back in the day before most people started to get the idea. Its brilliant that FINALLY it does feel like people are getting the idea that they aren't freakish fictional sizes. I do wish that more of the high street stores would follow the lead of the internet though. I still can't understand why they haven't tbh.

Theres a Victoria's Secret about to open at the Trafford Centre, and I'm waiting with baited breathe to see how they measure up, given my piss poor experience with them in the states. I fully expect them to join the M&S and BHS hall of shame...

This thread is not accepting new messages.