AIBU re: pick pocket programme c4?

(28 Posts)
Lonelybunny Tue 26-Feb-13 21:16:41

To wonder why these people who have been convicted in the past for pick pocketing are allowed to remain in the UK? This must be coating our policing service a fortune watching these people and yet they are set free again and again to re offend. And to top it one admitted he has arrived here from Barcelona to get his back fixed on the NHS confused

chickensarmpit Thu 28-Feb-13 00:22:02

I have a lovely friend from Romania. He told me to nail all my stuff down in preparation of the new lax rules for Romanians/Bulgarians.

I was a bit hmm when he said it but since watching that program...

I'm so confused. There is freedom of movement within Europe. This means that people coming from Romania to rob could happen. It might amaze people to know that people sometimes come from the poorer parts of the UK to rob in the richer ones shock. Just because their passport is the same colour as mine, doesn't make it better or worse. I'm sure some people go to Europe from here to offend (football hooligans anyone?).

ophelia275 Thu 28-Feb-13 09:06:02

I have 2 very good Romanian friends and they both tell me that the Roma are really hated in Romania because they tend to be criminals and send their children out to beg and steal. They also have a completely separate culture from the majority Romanians.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now