To have cried at this film?

(43 Posts)
BlessedDespair Tue 26-Feb-13 13:27:57

The main character watches his family die one by one when he is a child, the one responsible for it follows him wherever he goes. He eventually finds the woman he wishes to spend the rest of his life with and the start a family only for a freak accident to kill one of their children and seriously injure his partner. His partner eventually succumbs to her injuries and he has to fight off the guy who killed his family in order to save his remaining two children, unfortunately he can only save his youngest and almost dies doing so.

This is a childrens film about dinosaurs and I've just sat and cried pretty much all the way through. He's had such a hard life sad

*In my defense I'm very hormonal blush

ThedementedPenguin Fri 12-Apr-13 17:17:11

I cry at the notebook. It's truly amazing.

Also watching ps I love you. Not when he dies but near the end when the mum hands over the last letter and its the end, I ball my eyes out!

i knew before i finished the op it was the dino king.

yanbu at all, it's unbearably sad.

i always bawl at it while 2 yr old DS gives me this face hmm

bluebell8782 Fri 12-Apr-13 17:01:02

I think some of the saddest films are children's films. Has anyone seen My Dog Skip - I bawled - still brings tears to my eyes if I think about it sad

AmberLeaf Fri 12-Apr-13 16:47:00

Gerrof, you'll have to watch it wink

Filibear, yes the old neighbour in home alone at the end made me well up.

Spice17 Fri 12-Apr-13 15:29:15

Steel Magnolias is soooo sad, the bit where Julia Roberts' character has died and the Mum (Sally Field) is at the grave after the funeral being told to try and remember the good times and she says something like 'You're right, I should do that - but I wish someone would tell my heart!' that line made me bawl. Probably because I have a 6 month old DD.

Filibear Fri 12-Apr-13 15:27:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Gerrof Fri 12-Apr-13 15:08:09

I cry at that Macmillan advert.

Worst I have ever cried at a film was bridges of Madison County, I think I was full on snot crying for the last half hour of the film, interspersed with shouting at Meryl Streep 'get out of the fucking car'. never would have thought I would have cried over Clint Eastwood. grin

Gerrof Fri 12-Apr-13 15:06:14

Do all the toys die at the end of Toy Story 3 then? I have had it on my planner to watch for ages but have never got round to it.

AmberLeaf Fri 12-Apr-13 14:58:55

I cried silently in the cinema at the trailer for 'a song for marion'? think it was called.

Not watched it yet though.

MaxPepsi Fri 12-Apr-13 14:48:02

I cry at almost everything.

Bawled at UP in the cinema, my friend just shook her head at me. She was upset too but didn't cry.

Was crying so much at PS I love you especially the bit in the park with her Mum that I ended up giggling out of sheer desperation at the thought of never being able to stop.

The current Macmillan advert - where strangers catch the falling people is the biggest thing at the moment to set me off however, along with NSPCC adverts.

I've not got kids so what is my excuse for being hormonal???

Pixieonthemoor Fri 12-Apr-13 14:43:48

Up = massive lump in the throat, Toy Story 3 I was ready to struggle given that everyone had told me I would blub but actually I didn't find it too bad.

The one that really got me, however, is in Tangled where the King and Queen are about to go outside and release the lanterns to commemorate their lost child. The queen straightens the kings collar and then looks up into his face.....and it is just so devastatingly, achingly sad, with a single tear sliding down his cheek. Oh god, I am welling up even thinking about it!

inchoccyheaven Fri 12-Apr-13 14:41:30

I cried at the Croods yesterday when I thought the Dad was going to get left behind forever blush

AmberLeaf Fri 12-Apr-13 14:38:01

Ive not seen Up.

May have to give it a go.

Flobbadobs Fri 12-Apr-13 14:36:52

DS cries at the end of Monster's Inc when he goes back to see Boo. He's 12. I cried like a baby the first time I saw the start of UP but I was Pg at the time grin
I also got a lump in my throat when watching Finding Neverland when she goes of with the characters at the end of the play, it took me a few minutes to realise that she had actually died, then I just wept!

AmberLeaf Fri 12-Apr-13 14:33:56

Toy story 3, I was like shock shock at the furnace bit, I just couldn't believe it was going to happen that way!

Watership down always makes me weep.

NynaevesSister Fri 12-Apr-13 14:32:58

Up, now THAT'S how you do a love story Hollywood. I bawl every time. Right over son's head though. Ice Age breaks my heart every time. The loss of the mother. The father thinking he has lost both. Learning about Manny's family.

Toy Story 3!

But Up is genius I think.

ComposHat Fri 12-Apr-13 14:30:18

Top three films to make me blub.

1. A kid for two farthings
2. Shadowlands
3. The way we were.

MissFredi Fri 12-Apr-13 14:25:38

Not in the slightest OP!!

I once ran out of money, then finished my last packet of cigarettes in the morning, and OH got paid at midnight that day. He thought it would take my mind off it to put family guy DVDs on(fair play to him, I love family guy). Unfortunately, one episode was the episode where the toy factory is taken over by a tobacco company, and normally it's quite a funny episode. At this point however it wasn't the case and I cried my eyes out.

THAT is unreasonable.

potsyandco Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:29

Ice Age - the bit when it's revealed that Manny the Mammoth's family were killed by hunters, but he still helps the human child.

timetosmile Tue 26-Feb-13 19:53:23

I think 3D cinema glasses were specifically invented by a middle aged Mum who had suffered the indignity of public weeping once too often.
Now we just sit incognito as silent tears roll down behind dark glasses...

Is this the time to start explaining gently to you that ultimately the story doesn't end well for any of the dinosaurs, OP...? grin

(But, yes, sounds a bit dark for children. I think I'll steer clear!)

Badvoc Tue 26-Feb-13 14:40:00

I cry at a lot of things since having kids.
Toy story 3 was deeply upsetting!

Bawled at the snowman and the dog....oh just sat next to me holding my hand. It was right at the beginning when the bloody dog dies....reminded me of my old dog who died at a very old age 12 years ago!!!!!!!!

stupid stupid old woman

I always cry when Mustafa dies in Lion King.
And Eight Below is meant to be a kids film but soooo sad. Good, but sad!
YANBU to cry at this. Bless you!

numbum Tue 26-Feb-13 14:28:24

I'm another Toy Story 3 crier! I cried the most at this

Bridge to Terabithia makes me cry too sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now