To loathe lefties with a passion?

(363 Posts)
Abitwobblynow Mon 25-Feb-13 12:51:16

Came across this and loved it. Punctures left wing twats right between the eyes!

"The point is that the "hierarchy of victims " is not an accident nor unique to this case. It is the whole basis on which lefties' views and loyalties in any issue are shaped - i.e. not by its rights and wrongs, but by who the protagonists are.

Any group you can think of can be slotted somewhere into the heirarchy of those whom the left either likes - ethnic minorities, Muslims, communists, strikers, the disabled, women, gays, public sector workers, dole claimants, and criminals, for example - or loathes: Americans, Tories, farmers, taxpayers, men generally, bankers and owners of private wealth.

These hatreds instruct the left on any issue. If demonstrating NUM miners are forcibly dispersed by the police, they side with the miners. If the Countryside Alliance are dispersed by the police, however, they side with the police, because they like miners and hate farmers.

If a Tory government withdraws money from pensioners it's the epitome of evil. If an NHS worker leaves the elderly to starve to death in their own excrement, the left couldn't care less. The left isn't pro-elderly unless this means being anti-someone else. If the someone else is the NHS producer, then the left isn't pro-elderly any more. The side they pick is the producer, who matters more than the consumer.

Where it all goes tits up is when two different client groups are at each others' throats. So the leftist sympathises with the criminal in general - unless the crime is domestic violence. Then they sympathise with the woman. Unless, again, the man is a Muslim cleric, in which case the lefty has to look away. Reggae singers going on about shooting gays in the head: this does not compute. Gangs of Muslims threatening gays: does not compute. Black governments victimising their own citizens? Pretend it isn't happening.

The left doesn't really give a toss about miners. What matters is who else is involved. White British police? - side with the miners. Black Communist-controlled police? - side with the police, they're above reproach - or at any rate, above miners [reference to ANC police and black miners at Marikana].

As we've noted before, Lefties reduce every issue to a disgusting form of Top Trumps. They are, quite simply, morally incompetent."

Is it unreasonable to agree that lefties are morally incompetent?

FillyPutty Mon 25-Feb-13 13:13:24

YANBU but a bit daft to think you will get much support on here.

twofingerstoGideon Mon 25-Feb-13 13:13:51

How very attention-seeking of you, Abitwobbly

Rhiannon86 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:14:24

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Feelingood Mon 25-Feb-13 13:15:04

I'm so unpolitical and poorly not grown up that I thought this was would be about left handed ness and was about to storm in and defend myself.

grin

weegiemum Mon 25-Feb-13 13:15:08

Where's this from? It's such a load of unresearched twatty nonsense I'm not sure, but I think the reading age is beyond the target age for the DM.

Leftie and proud!

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 25-Feb-13 13:15:32

<snort>

PeneloPeePitstop Mon 25-Feb-13 13:16:36

I don't like posters whose username begins with r and appears to have their year of birth in it. They're often dim and make sweeping generalisations about things they know nothing about.

RedwingOnFire Mon 25-Feb-13 13:16:57

Damn, I'm a leftie and married to an American taxpayer, didn't realise I was supposed to loathe him! He's a leftie too!! I will pass along this persuasive erudie argument and am sure he will commence self-hatred forthwith!!

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 25-Feb-13 13:17:44

Punctured though?

My bike has a puncture, tis quite sad looking sad

RedwingOnFire Mon 25-Feb-13 13:19:11

I prefer a rather more nuanced rightwing leftwing argument rather than knee jerk stereotypes myself!

Wallison Mon 25-Feb-13 13:19:38

Let me at it with my drill. I'll show you sad looking, RatherBe.

Tweasels Mon 25-Feb-13 13:19:39

Oh I thought you were talking about left handed people.

Has Margaret Thatcher joined mumsnet? I'm disappointed she hasn't thought of a better username.

Rhiannon86 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:20:04

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

BaldricksTurnip Mon 25-Feb-13 13:21:02

And also, where are all these 'lefties' ? Are they easy to spot in the street, marked apart from normal people by their fervent frothing and <whispers> liberalism? What you call a 'leftie' point of view, I call the starting point for empathy, compassion and the only way of operating which takes other people's well being into consideration. The government we have at the moment is ruthless and self serving, and how can any progress be made by a government who cares nothing for the people it is supposed to serve and represent. Show me in history, an example of a successful political system which is not based on concern for the people?

OutsideOverThere Mon 25-Feb-13 13:21:02

eh? What are you talking about Rhiannon?

RedwingOnFire Mon 25-Feb-13 13:21:17

Wonder if someone will ever use the slogan Like Miners Hate Farmers !!

I guess people of all political persuasions can be guilty of not thinking their arguments through. But I've found this phenomenon to be at least as common amongst those of a right wing persuasion !

I don't like ambidextrous people, in fact I loathe them with a passion, prancing around using both hands, 'look at me, look at me, aren't I superior'
Nobs the lot of them grin

JacqueslePeacock Mon 25-Feb-13 13:22:20

My mouth actually fell open at this. I'm glad I wasn't anywhere in public because I must have looked a right idiot. I had no idea anyone seriously held views like this. I think I tend to assume people are generally quite a bit brighter than they actually are. confused

FlouncingMintyy Mon 25-Feb-13 13:22:24

Mind you, this sort of thread is terribly helpful for the old spreadsheet.

gordyslovesheep Mon 25-Feb-13 13:22:25

Yes beacuse having a similar name means you are actually the same @wherearethebrightrightwingers

WestieMamma Mon 25-Feb-13 13:22:55

It's all relative anyway. In the country I live in the 'righties' are more left than the UK 'lefties'. Which leaves me very confused.

RedwingOnFire Mon 25-Feb-13 13:23:18

Well I don't know any lefties that have started their own business.

That's a real LOL comment!!

My experience = the total of reality!!

PoppadomPreach Mon 25-Feb-13 13:24:03

Did you mean to sound so stupid?

Rhiannon86 Mon 25-Feb-13 13:24:27

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now