to stop washing

(84 Posts)
gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 20:11:59

We have a water metre so to save money I've decided to stop showering and bathing. I saw on telly (This Morning) about a woman who stopped washing her hair and it started self-cleaning in 8 weeks.

Locketjuice Sat 16-Mar-13 07:40:13

I hope so hmm

coatonarack Fri 15-Mar-13 20:59:03

Have you had a bath yet?

susiedaisy Thu 28-Feb-13 22:05:36

How's it going op?

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 26-Feb-13 09:46:44

There was a really grim woman in my home village who I suspect had never washed in her life. Always in the same clothes and had dreads to the floor which stank . You could walk into a shop and know she was somewhere in the shop from the smell. She certainly hadn't developed magical self-cleaning skin but she was somewhat of a local celebrity due to nothing other than her smell so you have at least something to look forward to.

yes I lived in a really uneventful village

everlong Tue 26-Feb-13 09:21:21

I can't believe this

You are going to stink?

LeaveTheBastid Tue 26-Feb-13 09:06:45

I have just actually retched after googling sootikin. Dear god, too grim for this hour.

OP why are you not washing at all? Can you not just buy some baby wipes and have some sort of wipe down with those rather than not do anything at all? I wonder if you're still drinking tap water/using the washing machine/flushing the toilet if you're so worried about using too much water to the point of not taking care of basic hygiene confused

Theicingontop Tue 26-Feb-13 08:57:08

You sniffed your pits?

gardengate Tue 26-Feb-13 07:54:40

Still alright.

Flojobunny Mon 25-Feb-13 21:54:14

I have gone a few days without showers and by about day 4 feel very yuky and itchy.
That was either when camping without facilities or when in bed with flu. I wouldn't do it through choice.

DeepRedBetty Mon 25-Feb-13 21:00:38

After five days at a very good but very mucky festival, with not enough showers and too hung over to face the queue anyway, I was definitely not self cleansing.

I have done the hair thing, it took about a month to settle. I only stopped because water alone won't rinse out chlorine or sea-salt and I was missing swimming. Also I wanted to dye it.

chickensarmpit Mon 25-Feb-13 20:51:54

Are you seriously going to walk around festering?
Aren't you concerned about toe jam or winnets? I feel all itchy just thinking about it.

Sirzy Mon 25-Feb-13 20:04:48

I wonder if people she has to sit by would be willing to provide updates next week...

SirBoobAlot Mon 25-Feb-13 20:04:17

Thanks for the update hmm

gardengate Mon 25-Feb-13 20:02:57

Day 2 of experiment. S'alright so far.

Ah, the 'two girls' one - yes, that is particularly revolting. Mind you, there's worse around, but I think I managed to brain bleach most of the memories away after about five months...

Theicingontop Mon 25-Feb-13 17:23:54

Erm, you should wash. But I don't 'wash' my hair, with shampoo at least. I'm no poo, and it's a pita at first, but my hair's gorgeous now. Shiny and soft, and no dry ends I used to look like a scarecrow

But no, definitely wash. Nobody likes standing next to someone on the tube with rank underarms.

Flojobunny Mon 25-Feb-13 17:21:33

Ok so I couldn't help myself, I googled blue waffle, eww. Where do they come up with these things.
Not as bad as the one with shit everywhere that MNers told me to Google <seriously scarred for life>

Sorry susie - couldn't help myself! grin

Now, Liberty Bell on the other hand envy <-- vom emoticon.

Is this what scented panty liners are for?

You can wash dreads Worra, a friend of mine has lovely clean dreads, she washes them every 3 days with a soap made for dreads. Unwashed dreadlocks are bloody grim though, they smell like dog.

OP, YABU and grim and talking bollocks anyway, so I don't know why I bothered replying.

melika Mon 25-Feb-13 09:13:55

YANBU! I've moved to a house with a water meter and it is so so much cheaper!

We are a family of four who power shower and use a dishwasher and washing machine daily.

Please do have a wash!

susiedaisy Mon 25-Feb-13 09:10:29

Comes back disappointed, it was a type of clothing!!

susiedaisy Mon 25-Feb-13 09:06:53

Goes off to google liberty bodice gringrin

susiedaisy Mon 25-Feb-13 09:06:07

Moonlight that was sneaky throwing in blue waffle like thatgrin

Do not google blue waffle I did after finding out about it on here and it's stuck with me ever since!shock

MammaTJ Mon 25-Feb-13 00:01:57

Interesting first post OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now