Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to stop washing

(84 Posts)
gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 20:11:59

We have a water metre so to save money I've decided to stop showering and bathing. I saw on telly (This Morning) about a woman who stopped washing her hair and it started self-cleaning in 8 weeks.

Flojobunny Mon 25-Feb-13 21:54:14

I have gone a few days without showers and by about day 4 feel very yuky and itchy.
That was either when camping without facilities or when in bed with flu. I wouldn't do it through choice.

gardengate Tue 26-Feb-13 07:54:40

Still alright.

Theicingontop Tue 26-Feb-13 08:57:08

You sniffed your pits?

LeaveTheBastid Tue 26-Feb-13 09:06:45

I have just actually retched after googling sootikin. Dear god, too grim for this hour.

OP why are you not washing at all? Can you not just buy some baby wipes and have some sort of wipe down with those rather than not do anything at all? I wonder if you're still drinking tap water/using the washing machine/flushing the toilet if you're so worried about using too much water to the point of not taking care of basic hygiene confused

everlong Tue 26-Feb-13 09:21:21

I can't believe this

You are going to stink?

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 26-Feb-13 09:46:44

There was a really grim woman in my home village who I suspect had never washed in her life. Always in the same clothes and had dreads to the floor which stank . You could walk into a shop and know she was somewhere in the shop from the smell. She certainly hadn't developed magical self-cleaning skin but she was somewhat of a local celebrity due to nothing other than her smell so you have at least something to look forward to.

yes I lived in a really uneventful village

susiedaisy Thu 28-Feb-13 22:05:36

How's it going op?

coatonarack Fri 15-Mar-13 20:59:03

Have you had a bath yet?

Locketjuice Sat 16-Mar-13 07:40:13

I hope so hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now