Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to stop washing

(84 Posts)
gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 20:11:59

We have a water metre so to save money I've decided to stop showering and bathing. I saw on telly (This Morning) about a woman who stopped washing her hair and it started self-cleaning in 8 weeks.

susiedaisy Sun 24-Feb-13 22:52:31

Yuk!

Sorry Flo - couldn't help myself.

Blue waffle anyone? [Whistles innocently]

McNewPants2013 Sun 24-Feb-13 23:27:54

DO NOT google blue waffle.

How about a Liberty Bodice then OP? Just to help contain the stench aroma of 8 weeks worth of unwashed flesh...

P.S. - the rest of you may not want to Google that term either. wink

gardengate Sun 24-Feb-13 23:31:40

So its vaginal toe jam? Doesn't say that it smells though.

WorraLiberty England Sun 24-Feb-13 23:33:18

Ewwww

OHforDUCKScake Sun 24-Feb-13 23:34:26

I didnt wash my hair for 3 years once (dreadlocks) and it didnt smell! It smelt of the body spray I used to wear. I had very long dreads so inevitably used to end up getting sprayed too.

YouTheCat Sun 24-Feb-13 23:36:11

My ex never washed.

And yes he did smell.

WorraLiberty England Sun 24-Feb-13 23:45:58

Seriously no-one I've ever known who had dreadlocks didn't have foul smelling hair.

It really just smelled of dirty grease mixed with whatever perfumed stuff they sprayed on it.

A bit like a smoker smelling like a smoker who has just brushed their teeth.

MammaTJ Mon 25-Feb-13 00:01:57

Interesting first post OP!

susiedaisy Mon 25-Feb-13 09:06:07

Moonlight that was sneaky throwing in blue waffle like thatgrin

Do not google blue waffle I did after finding out about it on here and it's stuck with me ever since!shock

susiedaisy Mon 25-Feb-13 09:06:53

Goes off to google liberty bodice gringrin

susiedaisy Mon 25-Feb-13 09:10:29

Comes back disappointed, it was a type of clothing!!

melika Mon 25-Feb-13 09:13:55

YANBU! I've moved to a house with a water meter and it is so so much cheaper!

We are a family of four who power shower and use a dishwasher and washing machine daily.

Please do have a wash!

You can wash dreads Worra, a friend of mine has lovely clean dreads, she washes them every 3 days with a soap made for dreads. Unwashed dreadlocks are bloody grim though, they smell like dog.

OP, YABU and grim and talking bollocks anyway, so I don't know why I bothered replying.

Is this what scented panty liners are for?

Sorry susie - couldn't help myself! grin

Now, Liberty Bell on the other hand envy <-- vom emoticon.

Flojobunny Mon 25-Feb-13 17:21:33

Ok so I couldn't help myself, I googled blue waffle, eww. Where do they come up with these things.
Not as bad as the one with shit everywhere that MNers told me to Google <seriously scarred for life>

Theicingontop Mon 25-Feb-13 17:23:54

Erm, you should wash. But I don't 'wash' my hair, with shampoo at least. I'm no poo, and it's a pita at first, but my hair's gorgeous now. Shiny and soft, and no dry ends I used to look like a scarecrow

But no, definitely wash. Nobody likes standing next to someone on the tube with rank underarms.

Ah, the 'two girls' one - yes, that is particularly revolting. Mind you, there's worse around, but I think I managed to brain bleach most of the memories away after about five months...

gardengate Mon 25-Feb-13 20:02:57

Day 2 of experiment. S'alright so far.

SirBoobAlot Mon 25-Feb-13 20:04:17

Thanks for the update hmm

Sirzy Mon 25-Feb-13 20:04:48

I wonder if people she has to sit by would be willing to provide updates next week...

chickensarmpit Mon 25-Feb-13 20:51:54

Are you seriously going to walk around festering?
Aren't you concerned about toe jam or winnets? I feel all itchy just thinking about it.

DeepRedBetty Mon 25-Feb-13 21:00:38

After five days at a very good but very mucky festival, with not enough showers and too hung over to face the queue anyway, I was definitely not self cleansing.

I have done the hair thing, it took about a month to settle. I only stopped because water alone won't rinse out chlorine or sea-salt and I was missing swimming. Also I wanted to dye it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now