to join a dating site just to window shop?

(54 Posts)
MajaBiene Sun 24-Feb-13 19:25:15

I wouldn't actually meet up with anyone, and I'm not intending to cheat.

Would IBU just to put up a profile and chat with people?

Naysa Sun 03-Mar-13 17:43:56

Go into relationships and see how many women have been hurt by their DPs/DHs.

Then divorce your husband.

He doesn't deserve to be treated with such little respect by someone as selfish and self centred as you. You sound so cold and uncaring, its repulsive.

Then you can enjoy all the NSA sex you want, because let's face it that's all you're after attention you need.

YABU and you sound like you could do with some councilling and to grow up. wink

JenaiMorris Sun 03-Mar-13 17:50:21

Quite how anyone can deduce that the OP is some kind of monster from her posts so far I really don't know.

There's an awful lot of extrapolation going on here.

Anyway, you asked AIBU and you've been told quite correctly that you are. Don't do it.

TroublesomeEx Sun 03-Mar-13 17:57:49

Is there any harm in it really though?

My stbxh joined a dating site and claimed it was for exactly the reasons you are stating. He wanted an ego boost by chatting to women who would flatter him and make him feel good about himself.

I found out, kicked him out and now he is my soontobeexhusband, he sees the children occasionally he has had an emotional/mental breakdown and is filled with regret and self loathing.

As him if there's really any harm in it.

juniper9 Sun 03-Mar-13 20:58:37

You need to really think about why you want to window shop. For what it's worth, I know what you mean about wanting a bit of attention.

When I was on the verge of breaking up with my ex, I really couldn't imagine that anyone would love me or worship me in the way that he did. I was so scared that I'd never meet another person who I could click with in the same way.

I joined an online dating site whilst still with him (but I hadn't broken up with him as it was long distance and I felt I needed to meet him in person) and I felt guilty about it, but I also really enjoyed the attention from other men. It reassured me that I did have other options, and wouldn't die alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now