To be really upset about this?

(104 Posts)
extremepie Sun 24-Feb-13 18:30:54

My parents have just phoned to tell me they are coming for a surprise visit in 3 days time.

Ok, little bit annoyed that we didn't have more time to prepare but we moved to a different part of the country just before Christmas so I haven't seen them in about 6 months and am happy that they will be visiting, especially since DS really misses them.

The problem us DH doesn't exactly get on with my parents and basically had a massive screaming fit when he found out saying that he has no say in what happens in his own house. He is now demanding that I phone them back and tell them they can't come.

Essentially he is making me choose between offending my parents or upsetting him.

AIBU to be upset? What should I do?

crunchbag Sun 24-Feb-13 21:25:15

chickens Crunch, why should the Ops husband be forced out of his own home because people have taken it upon themselves to invite themselves to stay?

Because the OP wants to see her parents, they have the space and time for them to visit. If he finds that so hard to understand and cannot be civil he can sod off for a few days. It's not just his house or his feelings.

HearMyRoar Sun 24-Feb-13 21:25:20

argh x-post.

Sounds like that weekend could be OK then smile

In future though I would ask your parents to give a bit more warning.

mathanxiety Sun 24-Feb-13 21:38:07

'Stressed out lately' my elbow.

No smoke without fire. He has some sort of chip on his shoulder about an Englishman's home being his castle.

he doesn't really get on with his parents so he just said he would have told them to get stuffed
What does he have against his own parents? He sounds rude and inclined to take himself very seriously.

What do you mean by critical when you say your parents are critical?

usualsuspect Sun 24-Feb-13 21:40:30

Glad it's all sorted OP. Have a lovely time with your mum and dad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now