To expect better of Waitrose and think this is not on!

(62 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 16:53:36

I'm shocked and saddened by this. Really shocked. I would expect it from Tesco but not waitrose in a million years.

I bought a 500g bag of pasta the other week and just used it for a recipe. Weighed out 400g and thought no way is there 100g left. There was only 75g left!

I've been done out of 25g of pasta. It's is like the mixed peppers all over again!

shock

grin

<clutches pearls>

Foggles Sun 24-Feb-13 16:57:33

I would march straight back to the shop and DEMAND your missing 25g of pasta.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sun 24-Feb-13 16:58:05

I hope you'll be marching down there and demanding hefty compensation?

angry

I've never been to Waitrose, certainly won't bother now!!

grin

TheVermiciousKnid Sun 24-Feb-13 16:58:57

Well, you should have made your own pasta! I'm surprised they even sell ready-made pasta in Waitrose. shock

ReluctantBeing Sun 24-Feb-13 17:02:27

Was it in lovely, pretty but heavy packaging that weighed 25g?

VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 17:03:32

I weighed the left over pasta still in the bag so the 75g actually included the packaging. <faints>

DameFanny Sun 24-Feb-13 17:04:29

Have you calibrated your scales recently? Surely it can't be waitrose shock

VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 17:05:19

I'd love to know what their response would be if I did go and demand the 25g of pasta.

Maybe I should take my kitchen scales with me and drag the manager down the pasta aisle and make him watch while I weigh the pasta......though I'd look stupid if they were all 500g. I'd have to check by myself first.

It's a big con isn't it....like cadbury bars have got smaller.

CotherMuckingFunt Sun 24-Feb-13 17:05:59

Sue the bastards.

Foggles Sun 24-Feb-13 17:06:34

It's another sign of Broken Britain sad

DeepRedBetty Sun 24-Feb-13 17:08:05

I went back and demanded my missing rasher of bacon from a pack described as eight but containing only seven. And got a whole replacement pack. <petty minded>

middleagedspread Sun 24-Feb-13 17:08:08

Hah, you'll be eating Waitrose pasta until the end of the year.
Don't forget your free coffee while the manager is apologising..

VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 17:09:25

I've just weighed a 500g bag of macaroni from Sainsburys and that weighs 508g so it can't be my scales are under reading.

It was Waitrose essential range of cheap pasta. Maybe this is why it's cheaper, they're conning the plebs.

Foggles Sun 24-Feb-13 17:09:34

<applauds Betty>

We need more people like you.

MatureUniStudent Sun 24-Feb-13 17:09:48

Cancels Waitrose On-line Shop in sisterly support. Pops on utterly appalled face and sprints over to M&S.

Foggles Sun 24-Feb-13 17:12:07

Be sure to let the Waitrose manager know that Sainsburys know how to respect their customers and have put an extra 8g of macaroni in their packets.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 17:14:25

I've still not forgiven waitrose for the time many, many years ago when I was young my mum asked me to get mangos. I didn't know what mangos were but found them in the fruit dept.

Paid for them and took them to my mum. Turns out they were passion fruit and they'd put the wrong crate in the wrong space. It said mangos under them.

Mum made me take them back for a refund and I had to tell the customer service woman I didn't know the difference between passion fruit and mangos. The shame.

SkinnybitchWannabe Sun 24-Feb-13 17:15:54

Why would you expect it from Tesco but not Waitrose?
Maybe the unicorns packaging your pasta got distracted by the fairies polishing every piece ready for you?

Lilymaid Sun 24-Feb-13 17:17:17

Just weighed my unopened packet of Waitrose Essentials Macaroni and mightily relieved it comes in at just over 500gms. So I can cancel proposed early morning visit to shop to complain.
So pleased that my faith in the John Lewis Partnership remains intact! Otherwise the whole philosophic basis for my life could have been in the balance.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 24-Feb-13 17:18:53

Mmmm it was a joke. I wouldn't expect it from Tesco either.

Foggles Sun 24-Feb-13 17:19:55

Up & down the country, Mners are now weighing their pasta grin

MrsDeVere Sun 24-Feb-13 17:22:24

I actually hate Waitrose at the moment.
Someone in one of their stores was unspeakable to my very poorly friend.
I want to do something unspeakable back to them.

Particularly this member of staff who deserves to be strung up by his goolies and pelted with tubs of baby arse cream..

Tortington Sun 24-Feb-13 17:23:49

the Daily Mail NEEDS to know this

BookWormery Sun 24-Feb-13 17:25:29

I don't think it's petty to demand you get what you are paying for! Only putting 7 rashes of bacon in a pack and 475g of pasta will save thousands of pounds if replicated on all packs.

I would tell them. It's probably a supplier that makes and packages the pasta so waitrose might not know. And they'll probably send you a voucher smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now