ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To think this bra doesn't fit?

(465 Posts)
StuntNun Sat 23-Feb-13 18:30:35

I went to John Lewis for a bra fitting last week as I have changed size post-pregnancy. The sales assistant sized me as a 34G which I was surprised at because I have been wearing a 36 on the second set of hooks so I'm not convinced a 34 would do up. Anyway she brought me three size 36F bras to try on as they didn't have any in 34G. I bought one because I really needed a new bra but I feel a bit squished in it - my boobs are pushed together at the front.

AIBU to think this bra doesn't fit and I should just order in size 36G from the Internet?

PukeCatcher Thu 28-Feb-13 21:10:35

Hiya, can you do me? 28 back, 37 boobage, am I right at 28gg and what sizes should I try around please? Currently wearing 32dd which was pre baby sizing, but breastfeeding and running around seems to have changed my body somewhat although I'm not suretthat size wa so accurate anyway. Finding that nips are popping out and shoulder straps slipping at the mo. Ta!

Tortoise Thu 28-Feb-13 21:12:14

And this one

CelticPromise Thu 28-Feb-13 21:29:47

Puke yep 28G or GG. Do you think you were a 32DD really, or badly measured?

PukeCatcher Thu 28-Feb-13 21:33:39

I'm not sure, I still had shoulder strap slippage then and I think thats a sign of a bad fitting bra isn't it? I was measured again and got put at a 36dd after pregnancy which I know wasn't right because it was so loose around the band, so I just went back to my old size, which does feel better around the band but I can pull it quite a way.

Babyitscoldoutside Thu 28-Feb-13 22:43:51

Please can you do me too! I measure 37 under and 47 over. Currently wear 38dd, after being fitted by M&S (before that was wearing 38b..).

Thanks

CelticPromise Thu 28-Feb-13 22:45:35

Baby try a 36GG or H, maybe even a 34H/HH if you are squishy of torso.

Babyitscoldoutside Thu 28-Feb-13 22:49:56

Brilliant - thanks.

Botanica Fri 01-Mar-13 09:45:08

Could you please advise on my size? I'm a snug 34 under, and a comfortable 41 around the fullest part. I have been wearing a 38B for as long as I can remember!

Try a 34F botanica

Botanica Fri 01-Mar-13 09:48:56

Thank you! I have visions of actually having some cleavage for once! Looking forward to going shopping now smile

For cleavage, check out the Bravissimo satine

zebrafinch Sat 02-Mar-13 06:19:47

Please can you advise me
I am 31.5" around the back and 39.5" at the fullest part. I am wearing. 36DD I was measured at M and S years ago and do remember the lady doing scoopage which I found at bit hmm at the time

Start with a 30g/gg and a 32ff to begin with and work from there

zebrafinch Sat 02-Mar-13 08:24:02

Many thanks StatisticallyChallenged. I am going to treat myself and buy a matching set or two (when I worked with French girls they were horrified that I would wear pants that did not match the bra!)

SorrelForbes Sat 02-Mar-13 08:33:48

Do it! Make sure you report back.

Arrrgh I just got my new 30G's in - and I have four boobs blush, do I need to go up to a GG?

I think my measuring went haywire a bit! The band fits very snugly, but the cups seem small at the front. The wires do go waaaay back at the sides though - they're just past the midline of my side, if that makes sense - is that right?

I re-read SC's posts and I think I measured wrong, I did it standing up, not leaning forward.

If the 4 boobs is quite noticeable, then I would even try an H. The wires do go quite far round in a good bra so that's fine

KitCat26 Sat 02-Mar-13 11:18:03

My new bras arrived yesterday.

30DD (was wearing 34/36B last week). One is a keeper, fits a treat, and the band is tight enough to offer proper support.
The other will be returned for a bigger band size (different brand).

Thank you very much ladies!

salemsparklys Sat 02-Mar-13 11:18:32

Im 35 under and with a bra on 46 at the fullest, what size would that make me? Been wearning 38 E/F

CelticPromise Sat 02-Mar-13 11:30:30

salem 34HH to start, try cup sizes either side.

Yey KitCat! That just sounds like normal variance to me, I wish bras were more consistent

Salemsparklys - try a 34HH, 34H, 36H and 36GG. I think the 34 is more likely though.

salemsparklys Sat 02-Mar-13 11:33:43

Wow, really, 34? I am grinning ear to ear by the way, I always feel rather "fat" when I try bras on , well I am fat so thats why I guess lol

ImpYCelyn Sat 02-Mar-13 14:31:49

Well 2 32Gs arrived for me this am and they fit perfectly! Thank you so much StatisticallyChallenged thanks

Syncope Sat 02-Mar-13 17:54:59

Well, today I took back the bra I bought last week and ended up exchanging it for a 28FF. 28FF! This time last week I was wearing a 34B!

Also dragged my mum along for a proper fitting, so both of us are now finally in our right size.

Thank you, Bra Interventionists!

SorrelForbes Sat 02-Mar-13 18:45:20

Great news both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now