Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

To think that

(16 Posts)
almostanotherday Thu 21-Feb-13 14:56:33

If there is no dirty washing in the laundry basket that its is scattered all over my house?

NickNacks Thu 21-Feb-13 14:59:10

Huh?

almostanotherday Thu 21-Feb-13 15:01:09

My laundry basket is empty. I'm guessing the dirty washing has been dumped on bedroom floors instead.

thefirstmrsrochester Thu 21-Feb-13 15:01:44

An empty laundry basket here means that, without exception, there are vast piles of dirty clothes piled up behind the dc bedroom doors.

HecateWhoopass Thu 21-Feb-13 15:02:34

Yup. When the washing basket is empty in this house it's because the kids have a room 3ft deep in dirty clothes, pants and socks.

and there it will stay and heaven help the first person to complain they have no clean pants. grin

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Thu 21-Feb-13 15:05:29

Oh yes I know that one, I finish doing all the washing, sigh with relief then 2 DS's decide to 'tidy' their rooms and lo and behold a whole new basket of dirty washing is unearthed, what's that story about the man pushing the stone up a hill only for it to roll down again time and time again... that's my laundry that is grin

HecateWhoopass Thu 21-Feb-13 15:10:24

Yes. Mine do that. And bring down a load of plates and bowls as soon as I've done the dishes.

At least they bring them down, I suppose grin

Although I have just set my youngest on with the hoover. I was going to do it myself but then I thought better of it grin He's only gone and pulled out the bloody furniture to do behind it! And then asked me how to put the pipe "like daddy"

That's the attachment that lets you do the edges of the room and which I never ever use! blush

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 21-Feb-13 15:39:19

Don't the house fairies come and do all that for you, oh and iron too? Seems to be the assumption in our house {wishful thinking}

almostanotherday Thu 21-Feb-13 15:39:36

Wow HW can I borrow him?

Have one teen cleaning my car and one cleaning kitchen so far.

nickelbabe Thu 21-Feb-13 15:40:35

could be worse.

DD helps with the laundry by fetching me the dirty stuff from the big pile (while i am loading the clothes horse with clean wet washing) and takes all the clean wet washing off.

HecateWhoopass Thu 21-Feb-13 15:44:18

no. you can't. He's mine all mine and I'm not sharing.

my long term goal is to have them doing all the housework while fetching me endless cups of coffee.

grin

Tee2072 Thu 21-Feb-13 15:44:27

My husband apparently thinks there is a floor cleaning fairy.

To be fair, he does a lot around the house and would do more if I asked him to, but it never occurred to him that I actually sweep and mop the kitchen floor regularly and it isn't all shiny like that by accident!

He was home ill from work one day when I was doing it and he actually said 'wait, do you do that all the time?' No, darling, the fairies do it!

Startail Thu 21-Feb-13 15:46:31

Yep, there will be huge heaps on the DDs chests of draws and a small heap DH's side of the bed.

Empty laundry baskets don't exist.

My ds just likes to press the washing machine buttons to make them go beep...that's his only contribution to the laundry. He is only 13 months though.
I have, however, trained him to fetch the tv remote and my slippers. Very useful the past few days as I've been recumbant with a vile lurgy.

MrsLouisTheroux Thu 21-Feb-13 17:10:43

If there is no dirty washing in the basket on a Saturday, there is no washing to be done.

I do it one day a week and if it's not there, it waits 7 days regardless of whether it is needed or not. <harsh> grin

almostanotherday Fri 22-Feb-13 23:03:45

MrsL I really wish I could get away with one wash a week but with 8 of us here that's just a dream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now