To think 4 hours isn't that long a wait in A&E

(77 Posts)
lisad123everybodydancenow Wed 20-Feb-13 19:46:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kimorama Thu 21-Feb-13 12:13:43

4 hours would seem a long time. If you were told it was 10 minute max in some other countries. Like say germany

mistlethrush Thu 21-Feb-13 12:24:50

Just occasionally a little bit more common sense is required. I turned up at A&E with anaphalaxis. I was still talking, walking etc - DH went to park the car and join me asap afterwards. The receptionist could see that I wasn't kidding - and asked the triage nurse if they could look at me sooner rather than later - they didn't glance at me, asked the receptionist if I could breath OK (yes) and said to wait then. Receptionist has another go at seeing if I could be seen earlier (when she saw me with my trainers off, scratching my feet until they bled because I couldn't do anything else) and that was ignored. I ended up bypassing him altogether when my lip started to swell up and I had to be admitted - if he had managed to see me earlier he might have managed to give me something that would have stopped the worsening symptoms.

When I went with DS I got seen within 20mins which was really good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now