To want to customise my MN account?

(16 Posts)
theodorakisses Tue 19-Feb-13 11:53:16

I would like to be able to:

Have some posters automatically highlighted in in pink (the kind supportive people who always have something constructive to add)

Have some poster's comments automatically hidden (the snipers)

Automatically hide anything with a Daily Mail link

Automatically add the late night threads that I always miss because they are deleted by morning (am 3 hours behind you) emailed to my phone so it wakes me up.

Automatically hide threads that have more than 3 sceptical faces in, they are usually bitchy and dismissive

Automatically hide all MIL threads

Good ideas theodora. <hopes this gets highlighted pink>

BigRubberPlant Tue 19-Feb-13 12:01:47

YANBU! This has occurred to me often. As well as the oft- trod "like" button idea. You could opt into it so wouldn't have to see the likes if you were that precious bothered by them. Or you could let someone know you had mentioned them in one of your posts if you really wanted them to see it (e.g "Suchabody on another thread said x in connection with this topic- thought she made a good point"

In fact I really like the name Suchabody, just off to nc...

Suchabody Tue 19-Feb-13 12:03:04

Ta daa!

SoleSource Tue 19-Feb-13 12:04:53

Great idea!
hides the poster Sparklers

shock Sole. I want meanpants posters highlighted in green.

SoleSource Tue 19-Feb-13 12:09:16

grin where were you Sparkles last night, I was looking forward to a penguins fred? sad

Oblomov Tue 19-Feb-13 12:12:16

I have asked MN this. Adapting out MN accounts. They are unable to do anything. I wanted to hide certian sections, e.g. I don't wish to see baby names or AN threads. But it is not possible at the moment.

SoleSource Tue 19-Feb-13 12:13:37

What is AN, Oblomov? smile

theodorakisses Tue 19-Feb-13 12:18:25

YY to having certain phrases hidden. A deleted line would come up saying "post deleted by MN for being generally annoying"

greenhill Tue 19-Feb-13 12:20:38

AN= antenatal?

My posts show in green, due to my NN, I hope I'm not a mean pants poster.

Nagoo Tue 19-Feb-13 12:25:45

You can hide topics can't you? Obviously until someone equips Trills with a Taser you'll still get the AIBU baby names ones, but you can avoid them in the most part?

greenhill Tue 19-Feb-13 12:26:17

Go to "customise" at the top of the page, then scroll to the bottom of the page and you can hide topics you aren't interested in from active conversations.

This only works if you are not specifically interested in topics such as special needs, bereavement, antenatal etc. I don't think there are MIL topics grin

Sorry Sole. Penguins had to be Sky Plussed. sad

green I had forgotten that. On my MN OPs are green and I am grey. grin We need a new colour for mean pants people.

Oblomov Tue 19-Feb-13 14:53:27

I have had this conversation with MN and it seems they can not hide all the sections i want to hide.
Plus, I use' last 15 minutes', or 'last hour', and it doesn't seem to work on those.

theodorakisses Wed 20-Feb-13 16:41:29

Can I have the penguin story please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now