Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Is it worth contacting school about dd being flashed by two teen boys right near their school.

(27 Posts)
MariusEarlobe Mon 18-Feb-13 18:55:18

Dd was eating with me right near the school in a cafe, two teen boys (14ish) came in causing trouble and were sent out, one came and danced behind dd with no top on through the window then pulled his pants down flashing her, he then came into entrance an.. pulled his pants down again waving his penis at another group of small children. They scattered when challenged. It was just after school time and they came from schools direction.

Is it worth contacting school so they cannot try I'd them.

Sugarice Tue 19-Feb-13 08:15:16

This isn't normal behaviour from that teenage boy and should be followed up by the police and school.

Good job you reported it OP.

perplexedpirate Tue 19-Feb-13 08:12:45

My god, the hideous little shits! The police take this kind of thing very seriously ime. Glad you've reported it.

MariusEarlobe Tue 19-Feb-13 08:01:19

To be honest my first reaction mrsjamin was it was just teen boys being really silly and the police wouldn't do anything especially as I can't really describe them. (was trying to ignore).

Dd is fine and thought it was hilarious hmm
It was only afterwards that I thought about it properly and thought if he's willing to flash little kids in a cafe now what is he doing with kids his own age in the playground at school especially as my dd will go to this school.

MrsJamin Tue 19-Feb-13 05:28:24

I have no idea why you would even hesitate in reporting this to the school and police. How odd.

jidelgin Tue 19-Feb-13 02:39:40

YANBU - glad to hear you have contacted the police and the school. What an unwelcome event for you. I advocate spilling your pineapple juice/coffee on the next gougers who give that a try.

ZebraOwl Mon 18-Feb-13 23:39:48

Glad to hear you've contacted police & school.

How old is your DD? Did she really understand/register what happened? I know it's cringey & obviously you don't want to create drama/distress her but if you've not already done so & it's reasonable for her age/level of understanding, I think you should talk to DD about what happened & let her ask questions etc.

MariusEarlobe Mon 18-Feb-13 22:44:38

I've contacted the police now, I wasn't going to because it was teens being stupid but seeing you all thought I should. I have emailed school and said I understand it might not be their school but would appreciate them looking into it.

DoctorAnge Mon 18-Feb-13 19:08:42

Police and school. This could escalate to something more serious.

MariusEarlobe Mon 18-Feb-13 19:07:49

And the cafe is literally at end of school exit.

MariusEarlobe Mon 18-Feb-13 19:07:03

Holly it's not like that where we were, no other secondary for three miles, the nearest other one is a new school with only year 7 at the moment and it definitely wasn't one of there's.

GingerbreadGretel Mon 18-Feb-13 19:06:34

Yes and the police. In our borough all local schools are informed of any incident so they can keep an eye out.

WorraLiberty England Mon 18-Feb-13 19:03:55

If the Head is worth his/her salt, they'll take a look at the cafe's CCTV and try to identify them.

Either way, the Police should be called and left to investigate.

HollyBerryBush Mon 18-Feb-13 19:01:27

Not unless they were in uniform.

You couldnt tell who goes where round these 'ere parts - there are 14 mixed secondaries within a 5 mile radius

mummymeister Mon 18-Feb-13 19:00:59

Call the police. they are over 10 they are responsible for their own behaviour. this is disgraceful from lads at this age and it needs to be dealt with. would also speak directly to the school and make sure the cafe owner deals with it as well.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 18-Feb-13 19:00:30

Police and school.

Bloodymary Mon 18-Feb-13 19:00:18

YANBU, school and the police.

MariusEarlobe Mon 18-Feb-13 19:00:08

I can't really describe them other than vaguely but there are cameras in there and the staff member threw them out and apologised to us so probably could.

Flojobunny Mon 18-Feb-13 18:59:36

I'd contact the police first.

YNK Mon 18-Feb-13 18:59:10

First call the police!

Sugarice Mon 18-Feb-13 18:58:59

I would certainly get in touch with the school and point out what happened, that's really disturbing about him exposing himself.

I'd also give thought to letting the police know, exposing yourself in public is an offence after all .

AvidMarion Mon 18-Feb-13 18:58:13

YANBU - I agree, contact school & police

WorraLiberty England Mon 18-Feb-13 18:57:58

Call the Police

They'll contact the school and the cafe owner to try to find out who they are.

gordyslovesheep Germany Mon 18-Feb-13 18:57:26

yes and the police

BegoniaBampot Mon 18-Feb-13 18:57:23

Tell the school in case there have been other incidents or it happens again.

Remotecontrolduck Mon 18-Feb-13 18:57:03

YANBU, tell the school, that's disgraceful behaviour!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now