to really dislike Christine Blakely and wish she wasn't on TV?

(87 Posts)
cleoowen Sun 17-Feb-13 20:01:47

Not sure exactly why but I really cannot stand,her and,she ruins dancing on ice for me.

She just seems,too much of a WAG and really false. I don't feel like she,cares about any of the contestants on the show and is way too thin. She's not a good,presenter either.

What do others think?

i dont like her either. i miss holly

emalushka Sun 17-Feb-13 21:43:55

I have nothing to say about her looks, but she's a terrible presenter. I hate the way she giggles and she doesn't seem to have any connection with the audience or the judging panel. I think in one of the earlier episodes of this series she got one of the contestants names wrong and fluffed her lines. She is a very much 'read the autocue' presenter and she spoils dancing on ice for me. I used to watch it every week, but have hardly seen this series.

hermioneweasley Sun 17-Feb-13 21:46:33

She is orange, and has no warmth. I am sure all Tv presenters get where they are through pretty unpleasant ambition and ruthlessness, but you can just see it in her, whereas Lorraine Kelly (for example) masks it pretty well.

MechanicalTheatre Sun 17-Feb-13 21:55:19

Oh please, Lorraine Kelly is renowned for being deeply unpleasant.

cleoowen Sun 17-Feb-13 22:02:41

Really? What evidence,is there about Lorraine? Thought she was known for being nice.

Nancy66 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:07:34

I find her very turnoffable as well.

Blimey, I'm not a fan of CB - think she's lacking in charisma and not a great presenter. I've even been known to be a bit snarky on Twitter while watching Dancing on Ice but the bitchiness on this thread is making me look like an absolute saint. Wishing death on people just because you don't like the way they present a light entertainment programme? shock

Adversecamber Sun 17-Feb-13 22:14:56

I'm scared of her teeth

Clawdy Sun 17-Feb-13 22:24:20

But does anyone remember her on the One Show? She was lovely,natural and relaxed and looked quite different.

Lorraine is falser than my granny's teeth.

Stock phrases being,

"And you, you look great, really fab"
"I love that, love it".
"That's fab, you're fab".

And so on, I actually used to like her until I had an epiphany and realised how deeply sycophantic and false she is.

deleted203 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:35:05

Dreadful, IMO. Awful horsey face, skeletally thin, voice that grates. Lacks presenting skills and is terribly wooden. It pisses me off that she's paid a fortune for a job she's shit at, TBH.

MechanicalTheatre Sun 17-Feb-13 22:38:50

I think that every time you slag off someone's looks, you should get slagged off back.

That'd soon shut people up.

TheSecondComing Sun 17-Feb-13 22:43:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChewinTheFat Sun 17-Feb-13 22:51:33

I can't take to her on DOI

Not because she's too skinny/too orange/ has big teeth, I just think Holly Willobooby had a better connection. CB looks like she can't wait to get home.

SoleSource Sun 17-Feb-13 23:30:39

I like her. Beautiful too. Good luck to her, why not? smile

greensmoothiegoddess Mon 18-Feb-13 15:05:52

Bloody Nora- what a nasty lot of posts on this thread. Very playground / school gates / judgy. I have a sick feeling in my stomach. What hope is there for the rest of us?

I think she is perfectly nice fwiw. I have never seen her in DOI but she was lovely on the One Show and, dare I say it, Daybreak. She seems well thought of in the industry. If she wants to look the way she does then bloody well good on her, I say. Shouldn't we all have that choice without having aspersions cast upon us?

NinaHeart Mon 18-Feb-13 15:08:43

YANBU as I don't like her either and said as much to my husband yesterday. He seems to like her more than I do....
(Talentless lollipop WAG with annoying voice)

squoosh Mon 18-Feb-13 15:31:26

I find her bland and inane and giggly and a bit vacant, but luckily my taste in television programmes never overlap with things she's involved in. It boggles my mind that ITV paid mega buks to lure her and the equally rubbish Adrian Chiles over from the BBC. Seems to have backfired somewhat however!

She's a gorgeous looking girl have no clue why she (and everyone else on tv these days it seems) has opted for false teeth like veneers.

Still maintain that Pippy Schofield is far more of an annoyance. What a cock he is.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Mon 18-Feb-13 16:50:34

I caught a glimpse of her on DOI last night and my immediate reaction was to comment on how over processed they've made her look. I don't think it suits her, she looks so much better toned down when she presented the one show. Also, I think presenters on DOI, X factor and Strictly are all robotic. The role doesn't exactly demand much from them does it, not like interviewing someone would.

WipsGlitter Mon 18-Feb-13 16:55:02

I've met her a few times and my wider family had close contact with her and she is lovely. Really genuine and nice and down to earth. I think she's a wee but older than she lets on tho!

LessMissAbs Mon 18-Feb-13 16:59:40

To be fair, female tv presenters are picked in this country for being a certain age and for being attractive. It cannot therefore be surprising that one half of the population don't fall for this and judge them instead on their presenting skills. Perhaps if male tv presenters were picked for the same reasons, it would balance out, although some of the female tv presenters are so woefully bad at the act of presenting, the programme would fall to pieces if the male counterpart was similar!

MechanicalTheatre Mon 18-Feb-13 17:03:36

So because there is sexism in the media, we should respond with...er...more sexism.

Gotcha.

That Davina McCall is an ugly hoor, eh?

I agree - really don't like her much.
DOI is not the same anymore.
My OH, who loves a good WAG really doesn't like her either!??
Go figure!

EnjoyResponsibly Mon 18-Feb-13 17:09:54

Obviously I don't dislike her as I don't know her.

But if she was never on telly or featured in the sidebar of shame ever again I have to confess I would be utterly unfussed.

Fuck, this is a nasty thread, god its depressing that when a woman does well she is picked apart and slagged off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now