Poxy Cocktail Sausages

(97 Posts)
Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:38:56

Was at a Childs Birthday party with my ds, We don't eat sausages purely because they are full of utter crap, At the buffet my ds doesn't even go to pick up a sausage as we never eat them so fills plate up with other things but some other Mums at the party question me so I explained we don't eat them, Unbeknown to me whilst my ds is in the other room another mum says to him 'Quick don't tell your mum but I've got a sausage for you', and hands one to him. AIBU to watch to question her on this when I see her next and/or punch her in the face

Maryz Sat 16-Feb-13 19:57:48

It depends.

If he is under a year and/or he is a vegetarian, then being cross is reasonable.

If he is 18 you are a tad OTT.

In either case, however, punching her in the fact is a teeny little bit of an over-reaction.

[helpful]

HollyBerryBush Sat 16-Feb-13 20:01:53

Gotta be a joke in there about unicorns in sausages but I can't quite get to the point of it yet

OddBoots Sat 16-Feb-13 20:02:16

I understand your food choices for your son (assuming he is very young) and it wasn't right of someone to go behind your back to give him some.

That said, it's also basic manners not to insult the food that other people have served and eaten so if you told her that you don't eat them "because they are full of utter crap" then you were very rude and probably got her heckles up.

feralgirl Sat 16-Feb-13 20:03:00

Hmmm, I thought the whole point of children's parties was suspending the rules and allowing them to stuff themselves full of all the crap they wouldn't normally get at home, coz it tastes nice and parties are supposed to be fun. I wouldn't normally allow DS to eat three servings of popcorn but I'd have spoiled his fun this morning if I'd taken it away from him. Every once in a while, it's OK.

That said, we did have veggy hotdogs at this morning's do though...

belfastbigmillie Sat 16-Feb-13 20:04:48

even crap sausages taste lovely

YABU op - even if they were udders and ears that won't do you any more harm than 'good' sausages

feralgirl Sat 16-Feb-13 20:04:55

"If he is under a year and/or he is a vegetarian, then being cross is reasonable."

Or Muslim or Jewish?

Lol at Holly

Mums 'question you' about what your son is eating at a party?

How strange.

DesiderataHollow Sat 16-Feb-13 20:05:43

Because party food is well known for it's healthy and non-crap filledness.
Good grief.

Who would even care what what was on someone else's plate....

What happens when wee Tristram goes off to parties on his own in a couple of years then?

gordyslovesheep Sat 16-Feb-13 20:05:59

cocktail sausages are made in factories you know...

I eat mine with frozen mash grin

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 20:06:31

I'm with Maryz.

Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:07:35

Ds is 5, Sausages are the only thing I wouldn't like him to eat, I would never be rude and say they are full of rubbish to the party host, nor would I interfere in what anyone else's child was eating and secretly give them food they weren't allowed

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 20:10:15

How did you find out exactly what the other Mum said to your DS while covertly passing him the sausage?

Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:12:30

He came and told me! That lady said to me 'Quick I've got a sausage but don't tell your Mum' I'm not joking it may sound petty but I am still furious!

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 20:14:06

Did he eat it?

jinsymaw Sat 16-Feb-13 20:20:42

whoa, whoa can't believe what I'm reading ! If child's Mum has said no, or passed down to child that they don't want sausages! Then other Mums should respect her views! You don't go behind the Mum's back and say "have a sausage" as if the child is suffering and starving! I llike sausages but, they are full of shit and not the best source of protein!

GloryWhole Sat 16-Feb-13 20:26:05

whoa, whoa

Very apt jinsymaw, considering the poxy cocktail sausages were probably full of horse's hooves.

GogoGobo Sat 16-Feb-13 20:26:57

YABU and you sound really rude to pass comment on someone else's party food. Just dreadful. Hope the host didn't have to hear about your foul manners shock. I imagine the other mum was just making mischief in view of your twatish comments!

Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:32:30

Hahaha I don't have foul manners! I just don't like my son eating sausages! No twatish comments here either!

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 20:33:04

Did he eat the sausage then?

Popsie3 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:36:27

No thankfully but the other Mum kept looking to see where I was in the hope I'd leave the room! Didn't say anything there as didn't want to cause a fuss at the party

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 20:38:24

Oh. So he didn't eat it anyway? No harm done then-I assume he knows not to eat sausages if you don't allow it.

OMG I am sat here weeping tears of pure rage for you op. That other mum's behaviour was just discusting.
I'd punch her in the face with a sausage, see how she likes them apples -sausages--

Arf at Gordy grin.

jinsymaw Sat 16-Feb-13 20:42:41

glorywhole! Neigh, neigh and thrice I say Neigh. Today I am eating only couscous and tofu, gag, wretch! Bums to that, when little uns want drive thru, then I gorge on big Mac Meal! I'm only human!

GogoGobo Sat 16-Feb-13 20:46:10

I find it quite bizzare that mums would question you on what your 5 yr old put on his plate! I was at a party once and the 80 yr old Grandma offered a 2 yr old a custard cream and the way the mum reacted made me cringe! WE DON'T EAT FOOD LIKE THAT BECAUSE........ It is all so uneccessary, explanations about your quirks and preferences.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now