to NOT take DS out every day?

(30 Posts)
Theicingontop Sat 16-Feb-13 11:43:02

I take DS out every other day. We do grocery shopping, go to the park, look in shops, sometimes stay out for lunch. He walks the whole time, and we're out for at least four hours. I'm a sahm and the days we don't go out are filled with painting, drawing, playdoh, baking etc.

OH thinks he'd benefit from going out at least once every day. I think this is unreasonable, especially given the weather. The summer, I could understand, but sleet and snow and rain? Don't get me wrong, I take him out when it's cold, just not every day. He thinks I'm being a hermit and inflicting that on DS.

AIBU or is he?

maddening Sat 16-Feb-13 22:15:55

Until xmas ds was out every day but hernia got worse so in more now - scared to walk too far and lots of activities too much at mo - used to do swimming one day, one farm toddler group, one normal toddler group, library rhyme time and 2 days visiting, going to shops and park etc ds seems fine and the weather is pants so not stressing too much plus my dps helping so he is getting extra gp time

inchoccyheaven Sat 16-Feb-13 22:18:51

I can't really remember what I did when my dc were that small but I am quite sure that we wouldn't have gone out everyday at all and definitely not at weekends when places would have been busier.

Then again both me and my boys are very happy staying in for days on end without it bothering us at all.

MummyPig24 Sun 17-Feb-13 07:29:37

If it suits you and ds then I can't see the problem. Now ds is at school and dd is at preschool for 2 mornings our activities outside of home are becoming less. Monday I run a toddler group and attend another in the Afternoon, Tuesday dd is in preschool and by the time she has had lunch and a rest it is time to pick ds up, Wednesday is a trip to the village, possibly see nan or someone, Thursday is the same as Tuesday, Friday we attend a church group or sometimes soft play if we can afford it. When we are home after school then we read or do play doh etc. In the summer I imagine we will be out and about much more for picnics and suchlike but at the moment what we do suits us. There were days when the children were younger, or in the holidays where we just stayed in and chilled and that is totally fine!

MummyPig24 Sun 17-Feb-13 07:31:14

At weekends we tend to visit family, go for a walk to the park (which meant we got drenched and very muddy yesterday) or just do jobs around the house.

Alligatorpie Sun 17-Feb-13 07:45:07

I am a big believer in fresh air, so yes, I take dd out every day. But if it works for you to be inside, then what is the problem? Have your dh take him out on the weekends and you alternate days out during the week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now