To have complete sense of humour failure

(17 Posts)
Cat98 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:14:05

At this joke a friend posted on fb:

''Oscar pistorious has murdered his girlfriend."
"Proof that even a man with no legs has a better shot than Fernando Torres".

Aibu to think this is pretty bloody inappropriate? Or am I really having a sense of humour failure here?

And you have just shared it. sad

Mawgatron Sat 16-Feb-13 08:15:28

No. I had a couple of those too. Completely unfunny, friends are cockbags...

Cat98 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:17:58

Not in a good way..

I know Cat, But you thought it was inappropriate then told us all. I think FB is the work of the devil. DS1 (13) is on it and some of the stuff on it is shock

Cat98 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:23:44

I wanted to know if I was overreacting before I defriend.

I have reported my post to remove the joke, I just thought people on here might share my outrage. I think jokes like this should be challenged.

HollyBerryBush Sat 16-Feb-13 08:24:39

I have a black sense of humour, some stuff can be quite witty - that plain isn't funny.

It is awful Cat, but as I said FB is full of all sorts of horrible stuff, it has been a real eye opener. sad

Does the friend have a habit of sharing offensive/ silly things?

Cat98 Sat 16-Feb-13 08:26:49

The person on my fb who has shared this joke is disabled themself. People have commented all sorts - like "haha, go x" and 'kudos". Makes me sick! One guy has challenged it and was met with some dismissive comment- I'm going to support him now!

(I rarely get outraged at jokes on fb btw, I normally just skim past if they're not to my taste. But this has taken the proverbial bourbon)

Hide and ignore I think.

lljkk Sat 16-Feb-13 08:58:19

Jokes make painful situations more bearable. I wouldn't laugh but I wouldn't mind.

wibblyjelly Sat 16-Feb-13 11:26:45

I'd defriend, OP.

On a side note, I'm sure if OP had said that one of her friends had updated a distasteful joke about what had happened, other posters would have been saying that they couldn't possibly comment without knowing what the 'joke' actually was.

You have tolearn to ignore it, tbh.

I don't understand how any parent (or anyone in fact) can makes the jokes that they do about child abusers, but after every famous case the "jokes" are posted.

The one's a the moment involving the actor who plays Kevin Webster from Corrie, holding pictures of his son in the soap, are disgusting.

PessaryPam Sat 16-Feb-13 12:35:40

I've had this on FB:-

Roses are red , violets are glorious , don't try and surprise Oscar Pistorious!

It's standard stuff, always the sick humour comes out.

Pigsmummy Sat 16-Feb-13 12:40:54

If it wasn't on FB it would said be in the pub or sent out as a joke text, sick humour comes out after a diaster/incident, it's not new and it's not because of Facebook, how did you deal with it before? (I recommend just ignoring it?).

Pigsmummy Sat 16-Feb-13 12:43:47

On FB today I have seen jokes about horse meat, Kev off Corrie and this incident, later I am sure that there will be jokes about the meteor strike and anything else new in the news. Ignore it or unfriend or leave FB if you can't bear to see them?

PessaryPam Sat 16-Feb-13 12:56:24

Car98 it's so much fun to do outrage, a cheap night out even.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now