Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To absolutely hate my DP...

(132 Posts)
MrsLouisTheroux Fri 15-Feb-13 20:29:16

for at least one week every month?
Ok, I suppose I know IAVU but I can't stand him.
The way he talks, what he says, his mannerisms.
Everything gets on my nerves.
Am I on my own? probably sad
Rant over.

MrsLouisTheroux Sat 16-Feb-13 23:06:38

I have eaten a stupid amount of food today and watched 2 films, I know I said earlier that I was glad DP had gone away until tomorrow night and that I wouldn't mind if he didn't come back ever but I'VE CHANGED MY MIND.

Pfft. He's out enjoying himself and I am on my own angry

So I am trying really hard to be nice. I offered to iron his work shirts tonight if he would go through the online shopping order. I ironed both shirts and put the ironing bits away without a word. He apparently needs half an hour of constant praise as he added 5 or 6 things I had forgotten.hmm

Fuck off DH. I currently can't wait for him to leave. Guaranteed sobbing on Monday night though

Theicingontop Sat 16-Feb-13 21:00:35

Ooh I'm there with you this week. Had the cheek to ask me if any pants were clean.

WELL WASH THEM YOURSELF THEN, I'M NOT YOUR MOTHER, DON'T LOOK AT ME ARGH.

I do feel sorry for him. Afterwards.

LaQueen Sat 16-Feb-13 20:37:49

Ms Oh gawd...I cannot stand the nicey-nicey 'Shall I make you a nice cup of tea' solicitous enquiries.

The urge to elbow him sharply in the neck is almost overwhelming.

Ideally, DH would work away 1 week in 4.

Also DH is starting his new job on Monday and will be away Monday-Friday for the next month. The unreasonable git is trying to be nice to me and attentive and affectionate as he will be away. Twat.

QuickLookBusy Sat 16-Feb-13 19:09:29

Sorry I haven't read the thread but

YABVVVU

Send Mr Theroux to my house, he will be made very welcome.wink

YANBU and I love you just a little bit OP for shedding light on my murderous tendancies towards DH today. Why is it a week before my period? 2 days of utter rage, then 5 days of normal then bleeding. Sigh.

Turniphead1 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:03:28

grin
That is all.
Continue.

TWinklyLittleStar Sat 16-Feb-13 18:49:11

It's not hell week for me, but yesterday I finished work 5 hours late and got no lunch so I was absolutely starving when I got home, and the utter bastard I married offered to cook me some fish, or some soup. Soup? Soup?!

After a banana and some pasta I loved him again

Bubblegum78 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:32:33

LOL! You guys are hilarious! <wipes a tear> x

Psssst.... me too but I'm being good this weekend, I hated mine last weekend lol!

Mummabubbles Sat 16-Feb-13 18:27:39

Dp just had some pizza and has dropped a slice of pepperoni on his jumper. It's making me feel violent angry.
Don't even get me started on the bloody jumper! Grrrrr

MrsLouisTheroux Sat 16-Feb-13 18:18:16

The cottage browsing on RM sounds just about right. Oooh, I'd love that smile
Right, just nipping out to buy a lottery ticket grin

MrsLouisTheroux Sat 16-Feb-13 18:12:46

LaQueen I'm going to call it hell week from now on! grin I've done 4 days so far and calculate that on DP's return tomorrow I will only have to hate him for another 2 before I like him again!

MrsLouisTheroux Sat 16-Feb-13 18:09:27

You know, I'm feeling better today.
DP left the house at 9.30am and will not return until tomorrow night.
He has gone to visit friends (not actually left for good although that too would be nice.)
I have eaten my way through several M&S deserts and am feeling quite content. grin!

twentythirteen Sat 16-Feb-13 17:32:09

Unfortunately the anger that normally carries me through is not here, possibly the result of the b6 which I also started taking recently. Instead I'm tearful, eating too much and trying to hide the facts of both of these. Fucking commercials about starving people/animal cruelty/news of acts of kindness!

LaQueen Sat 16-Feb-13 17:01:20

You know what I really hate during Hell Week? It's how, when DH is welded to his lap-top, he has a 30 second response time to anything I say to him...

I have it on very good authority, that even fucking heart surgeons can conduct a conversation, whilst operating...but, can DH answer a simple question while browsing camera websites???

Can he buggery...

[logs on to Rightmove...]

LaQueen Sat 16-Feb-13 16:47:46

I hear you, Sweetie smile

For one week per month, I am incredulous that I haven't yet got round to divorcing DH...and often spend a goodly amount of time, researching, pretty little cottages, just for me and the DDs, you understand hmm

In that week, I can take offence at the way he even walks into a room (mainly, just because it's a room, I'm already in).

Darksideofthe80s Sat 16-Feb-13 16:40:21

I am at my wits end angry

Surely dh could go 3 or 4 days without having to eat, breathe or drink ?

The fact that I have decided to give up smoking this week of all weeks has no impact on my murderous mood. Or the fact he sanctimonious git gave up a year ago and feels the need to regularly ask how I am and if it gets that bad it wouldn't hurt for me to have one grrrrr.

Only about another hour or so and he'll want to eat again, might have to go and hide in the bath.

Stepawayfromthesweeties Sat 16-Feb-13 16:22:50

Well my beloved and his excessive flatulence were supposed to be away this weekend, I've been looking forward to it for ages, just me, the sofa, the remote control, my 23wk baby bump & a large box of milk tray. He woke up yesterday & started projectile vomiting!!! Obviously he's picked up a bug on purpose just to get on my nerves, tit head! Anyway I pretended to be very concerned & told him it would be such a shame for him to miss out so he dosed himself up with drugs & went, woohoo. So I have a whole weekend of peace and quiet and not having to listen to him whine about how ill he is (he wants to try morning sickness, 5 day migraines, heartburn & constipation then he'll know about being unwell). Why do men exist, knobbers grin

ledkr Spain Sat 16-Feb-13 13:10:44

Well I've just paid over 30 quid for "potions" from the lentil shop. I'm hoping they will help but to be honest the guy who served me was so fit he could quite possibly have cured me lol.

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Sat 16-Feb-13 13:10:17

Mine's great this week, but last week he was such a total wanker that I cannot believe I did not LTB.

He left a plate on the counter. A plate! EVEN THOUGH he knew the dishwasher had space in it.

Also, also, he was playing with DD2 and she started getting irritable and he didn't sniff out her nappy immediately, thus meaning that I discovered it half an hour later. I mean, I'm only assuming that the nappy had a situation half an hour before I discovered it. It probably did BECAUSE HE WAS A WANKER.

And then, the other night, I was clearly tired and yet AND YET he had the temerity to put a tentative hand on my hip in bed. He knows I can't sleep if I'm in physical contact with him! And yet! The tentative hand! ARGH.

(Poor bastard)

pinkbear82 Sat 16-Feb-13 13:05:18

DP(!) rolled in at 2am turning every light on and waking me up - preceded to spend 40 minutes with his head in the toilet, spent two hours asleep on the landing - I did cover him with a towel but at 24 weeks pregnant refused to try and shift him more than to make sure he wouldn't choke! The snoring reassured me he was fine!
Anyways about 5 this morning he crawls into bed muttering 'I'm such a w*nker' I certainly didn't disagree!!

He's only just managed to drag himself out of bed.... Shame the hoovering needs doing and that pot and pan cupboard really has been waiting a while to be sorted......

mrsjay Sat 16-Feb-13 09:50:28

Can I just, at the risk of being, well, reasonable mention that my DH and I sleep in separate rooms, and have done for years.

OH pom you are so spoiled

mrsjay Sat 16-Feb-13 09:49:27

yeah vit b6 really works with the epo. They are mega capsules though and i take 3

I couldn't swallow 3 <heave> they are hooge I did try once and i just couldn't . well he excelled himself last night i slunk off to bed just to get a bit of peace from the funny breathing he came through and asked if i was alright HOW BLOODY DARE HE grin then sat and wittered on all the way through graham norton angry

FeistyLass Sat 16-Feb-13 08:18:43

lookoveryourshoulder I got twitchy about you touching the bookcase and they're not even my books!
(as for freezer on the floor - he's insane!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now