ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

AIBU to be miffed at..shitty present..

(26 Posts)
Monstermama Fri 15-Feb-13 01:33:17

DS is 3 and one of his little friends was 3 a few weeks ago. I got him a dvd and some play doh. Not expensive at all as I would never expect anyone to spend a fortune on a childs birthday gift. You can get something nice that does not break the bank.

DS friends mother gave DS a couple of dvds. How lovely I thought. On closer inspection that evening I realise that the dvds are clearly second hand, I suspect they are dvds that her kids no longer watch that she has not passed onto DS (they are all scratched with grubby finger marks all over them).

Now I assure you I am not materialistic at all, but I feel really weird about the whole situation. This family as certainly not short on cash either, but the mum is an odd sort at times. AIBU to feel so weird about this or should I just shut up and be grateful????

LessMissAbs Fri 15-Feb-13 09:45:56

So many things like DVDs get watched once or twice, then never used again. I like the recycling of resources in this way. Theres also a recession on, if you hadn't noticed. Yes the fingermarks are a bit ick, but perhaps she meant to wipe them off and didn't have time. But in the grand scheme of things, who cares? Its hardly going to affect anyone. Are 3 yos really going to notice this? Which boils down to it all being about you and wanting to be impressed and keeping up appearances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now