Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

AIBU in thinking I might be a figment of my own imagination?

(176 Posts)
itsallinmyhead Thu 14-Feb-13 14:45:42

(Lighthearted --with a paranoid undertone--)

I've been on MN for about a year. I get involved in & start threads. I'm addicted enjoying the site yet I don't ever seem to be included in the group banter that comes from the evolution of a thread, despite trying to involve myself.

I think I can be quite funny this might be where the problem lies, maybe only I am of that opinion and I'm pretty much socially trained. So I'm thinking maybe I am in actual fact made not real grin

shite, I'm a social outcast, aren't I? hmm

WhereMyMilk - that'a a sod when that happens. If you do an <ahem> and point out that you said it first you run the risk of looking needy. Best to just fume silently and move on to the next thread.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Thu 14-Feb-13 20:39:05

Sorry, it wasn't intentional, I just fell over..... wink

Yeah, right grin

almapudden Thu 14-Feb-13 20:40:02

Hello from another unknown! I am fantastic at killing threads. Mind you, I rarely get involved in the kind of banter which gets you recognised, because I tend to post and run: by the time I come back to a thread, it has usually moved on sad

Aspiemum2 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:40:54

I am still new so only recognise a hand full of people and quite sure that I'm not a known name - having a crap name probably doesn't help me but I can't be arsed to change it
ooh look, I overuse the crossy-out thing too

I fairly often have the tumbleweed effect so apologies if I've killed your thread now blush

DrinkFeckArseGirls Thu 14-Feb-13 20:48:10

Let's see who can kill this thread! <eager>

Arion Thu 14-Feb-13 20:52:19

Itsall, there's a poster called Sarah Stratton who found a baby crow in her utility room - she could give you some tips! grin

How could I forget Dawn ISignOffWithAFunnySignature!

And of course Hecate of the 'I agree with Hec'

Also MrsDeVere - you could bribe neighbours to build a gymbalow!

WhereMyMilk Thu 14-Feb-13 20:53:57

Maybe I am needy Beer... grin

But it has ever so completely happened probably 5x in the last few days! Ungrateful fuckers!

Ungrateful, or distracted, or gravitating towards posters they 'know'.

Who knows? Who cares! grin

WhereMyMilk Thu 14-Feb-13 21:01:41

Can you tell I have really not at all been completely watching Charlie and Lola on YouTube with poorly DS for half the day grin

<shudder>

I can't abide Lola. And the books! No wonder teachers have to spend so much time teaching DC alternatives for 'Said' later on.

wem Thu 14-Feb-13 21:18:16

I just tried to think of an alternative to said and the first thing that popped into my mind was 'pontificated', I guess the recent pope news has had an effect on my subconscious!

I absolutely postively do not like Peas pontificated Lola.

Someone should give Lauren Child a ring.

Fakebook Thu 14-Feb-13 21:29:25

I kill threads and I know for sure one particular person hates me so understand your paranoia I think.
I've had support on other topics in the past and made friends too, so maybe go to topics where you might find people interested in similar things or experiencing similar things.

There's thousands of people posting though, so I wouldn't feel people are ignoring you on purpose.

Londonmrss Thu 14-Feb-13 21:36:07

I suspect you are a figment of Descartes' imagination.

'Hate' is a strong word for an internet forum, Fakebook. I'm sure it's just a disagreement about views on something or other. <pats>

Thumbwitch Thu 14-Feb-13 22:44:43

I shall kill the thread. It is my forte. And I have a time advantage.

<<waves to SayCool - where've you been??>>

OP - I have a feeling I've seen you around...

aldiwhore Thu 14-Feb-13 22:47:50

I just blather on regardless.... don't let it put you off. Many members have been here many YEARS (nowt wrong with that) and this is a fast moving forum... so long as no-one starts mentioning they think you're a twat eveytime you post, you're doing okay smile

You do overdo the crossing out but I overdo the ..........

The real issue is, if you ARE a figment of your own imagination, do you ignore yourself?

SayCoolNowSayWhip Fri 15-Feb-13 06:58:59

<waves back to Thumbwitch>

RL is very busy! Just dipping in and out of MN. Hope you and all the wolefs are well grin

Thumbwitch Fri 15-Feb-13 07:05:35

I am, thank you! Don't wear yourself out. wink

itsallinmyhead Fri 15-Feb-13 11:17:51

I find the different responses to my OP really I interesting.

The fact that I'm not the only one who wondered if we were figments of our own imagination makes me feel better in a weird sort of way. Not that I'm happy you all feel the same, of course, just that I'm not the only one who did ponder it.

I do like the attitude of those of you who say fuck it, gibber on regardless. I shall wink

And I'm not getting rid of my fave MN toy extensive, yet witty crossing out

<waves a good morning to you all, especially my imaginary pal See>

I've NC'd but just coming back to check that you still existed OP.

Are you on any live threads at the moment? Do you want any of us to come and stalk you? ;)

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 15-Feb-13 11:25:04

I'm a professional thread killer. I've started to offer my services free of charge.

I don't care. I tell myself that of nobody else commets after me, I have said all that is needed to be said and am therefore totally right ib everything ie posted grin

Adopt that philosophy and MN holds no fear over you wink

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Fri 15-Feb-13 11:26:02

Buggering stupid typos.

Soz!

yes itsallinmyhead its all in your head - the truth is MN is a virtual world controlled by fembots and you need to take the blue pill and then you get unplugged from the MN and learn to control the MN yourself. No sorry .. that's the Matrix!confused

Truth is we all get overlooked I have been here for literally years and only occasionally does any poster namecheck me. I don't hang around here to make friends though it is easier to discuss an issue on its merits without the baggage of background/ knowing the op etc. so many name change frequently to maintain anonymity.

You have to namecheck and compliment others while posting that gets responses generally - as in any social situation. The equivalent of mak7ng eye contact and asking questions.grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now