Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To JUDGE this person?

(35 Posts)
JesusInTheCabbageVan Tue 12-Feb-13 13:03:21

A massive, people-carrier BMW parked squarely on the white line dividing two spaces, at Waitrose.

There. Do your worst.

grin that's a pleasure! It has given me many hours of important job avoiding amusement grin

wanderingcloud Tue 12-Feb-13 14:11:26

Love the website YellowDinosaur

Although, Birds has a point, sometimes someone else forces you to park badly, leaves and then you look like the cunt when it was a knock on situation.

PrincessScrumpy Tue 12-Feb-13 14:11:52

I have a 7 seater (nothing posh) and twin babies and once I parked with the white line down the centre of the car in Tesco as all the parent child spaces were gone and the spaces are very narrow so getting dtds out either side would have been really hard without damaging the car next to us.

I was rather annoyed at having seen 3 people without dc park in the parent spaces before I made this decision and had previously parked normally on another occasion and ended up returning to the car and climbing into the boot to get dtds into their refacing seats. I now don't shop there (the double trollies are kept the other end to the parent child spaces and don't need £1 like the others so everyone uses them and there are none left for me and dtds - separate gripe).

Having said that, the driver is probably a selfish twunk

Backtobedlam Tue 12-Feb-13 14:21:51

If there were lots of other free spaces I wouldn't see a problem with it

Scottishtanguera Tue 12-Feb-13 14:24:39

Some carparks fine these days- I once stuck a note under the windscreen wiper of a car parked like that saying "you should know they impose fines in this car park for occupying 2 bays and I seriously hope you get one"
Satisfying, but would've been infinitely more so had my DH allowed me to be a bit more abusive....

pinkpaperpiggy Tue 12-Feb-13 14:24:59

I saw the rudest ever case of bad parking in our local shopping centre last year.

On the ground floor there are six P&T carspaces (3 facing 3) and they are quite big. The car park was busy and all 6 spaces were full. On one side the driver at the end had parked closer to the line on the left and in the next space the driver had parked closer to the right IYSWIM so there was a bit of space between the two cars.

Suddenly a brand new looking MIni raced into the car park and parked in the space between the 2 cars. Two very glamourously dressed young women got out with difficulty and went into the centre.

There was barely any room between the Mini and the people carriers on either side. I wish I had been around when the owners of either had come out. They were completely wedged in. The women struggled to get out of their car so how the hell anyone was going to get a baby in a car seat I don't know.

GregBishopsBottomBitch Tue 12-Feb-13 14:25:29

That website is hilarious, why cant people park like normal people, instead just like they stopped their car and just got out, and thought "that'll do".

FireFoot Tue 12-Feb-13 14:29:31

You'd be rather embarrassed to find that a disabled person needed the extra room to get in and out of the car. I think you should ignore these kinds of things because they don't really affect you and you've no idea why the person did them. Perhaps they had a perfectly valid reason to park like that. Even if they didn't have a good reason, I think there are more important things in the world to worry about.

piprabbit Tue 12-Feb-13 14:36:23

I've posted before about the guy who regularly parks his Ferrari across 2 disabled spaces on the grounds that the fines cost him so much less than a respray. He is a git.

JesusInTheCabbageVan Tue 12-Feb-13 20:53:17

I think there are more important things in the world to worry about.

Oh, there are, there are. Sorry, I thought I was OK because you were doing all the worrying about the important things... now I find you here, worrying about me worrying about parking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now