What happened to the thread about the 16 no 17yo dd who was ungrateful?

(89 Posts)
lollilou Mon 11-Feb-13 14:19:29

I was reading it this morning. The op was being given a huge flaming, did it all go horribly wrong?

valiumredhead Tue 12-Feb-13 09:37:47

Ha ha ha ha, yes grin

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 09:35:32

YES - all that 'excuse me' as you step over their feet and get in the way of someone playing something on the playstation (ha!).

valiumredhead Tue 12-Feb-13 09:32:53

Instead of them getting under your feet Getorf you have to step over them now, don't you? grin

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 09:28:22

That's lovely greylady. grin

I really enjoy having dd's friends around. It was a bit tiresome when she was younger and had a houseful of kids - all that shrieking - much prefer having great big teenagers around the house eating me out of house and home

thegreylady Tue 12-Feb-13 09:27:09

Just want to say that on the whole I really like teenagers after 30 years teaching them. If I need to find a shop in a strange city I always ask a group of teenagers. Once I was overcome with longing as I passed a group eating chips and I asked for a chip. I got one with a lovely smile. They must have thought I was a mad old bat and they would possibly have been right :-)

GetOrf Tue 12-Feb-13 09:19:09

What did they say TSC? grin

That could be up there with the acronyms. WTFITC?

TheSecondComing Mon 11-Feb-13 18:30:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

You have some cojones TheSecondComing

TheSecondComing Mon 11-Feb-13 18:20:37

JenaiMorris Mon 11-Feb-13 18:10:13

oddboots that's a lovely thread.

JenaiMorris Mon 11-Feb-13 17:49:55

I will allow ds to take the train into Brizz. I went recently with my honourary dn and her friend though and they panicked at the turnstiles.

And yes, what is a PbP?

What's a PbP?

And TheSecondComing did you really say that??!!

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 17:35:48

I don't think that the OP of the 16 year old dd with the flowers was real.

Just more disturbed by a reg agreeing with the twat.

<shitlist updated>

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 17:35:10

Hahaha at 'who the fuck is this cunt' did you really? grin

TheSecondComing Mon 11-Feb-13 17:33:42

My parents had to put me on international planes at the age of twelve, on my little lonesome.
It's only now that I'm starting to understand why mum cried every time.

I was worried about everything in my teens. Except catching flights-could do it blindfold by 14.

OddBoots Mon 11-Feb-13 17:30:38

If you're not there already some of you need to come over to the In praise of teenagers thread. smile

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 17:28:41

I think 13 is fine. DD was on the cusp of 14 iirc.

It depends on the child doesn't it - if he is sensible I am sure it will be OK, and if they go with an equally sensible friend. Bristol is easy from Bath isn't it, no changing involved.

I was a bit fretful when dd first went to London (15) - I kept texting her making sure she was on the right tube line and then fretted when she didn't answer (without thinking that she couldn't answer because she was on the tube)

JenaiMorris Mon 11-Feb-13 17:25:44

Sounds scarier than Snakes on a Plane.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 17:24:16

No it's a thread about noisey toys on a train, it's gone a bit odd though.

JenaiMorris Mon 11-Feb-13 17:22:58

Swindon station is quite large. My own ds is 13 this year and I would fret. In fact I've ummed and ahhed about the reasonableness of him catching a train into Temple Meads because there are Improving Activities I'd like him to do in Bristol and he hasn't even asked yet.

I don't even want to think about the journeys I negotiated at a similar age I spent the fare on cider

There is an Idi Amin thread?

can I hide in here? tis earlier but I changed my name in honour of Freddie Mercury last night and again this morning because I thought of a better one.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 17:17:24

lol, I'm a bit scared of the posters on that thread.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 17:16:10

Oh god usual this thread is like a refuge for the NORMAL compared to that mad one.

Someone will say Idi Amin was indulged on a train next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now