What happened to the thread about the 16 no 17yo dd who was ungrateful?

(89 Posts)
lollilou Mon 11-Feb-13 14:19:29

I was reading it this morning. The op was being given a huge flaming, did it all go horribly wrong?

alemci Mon 11-Feb-13 15:01:59

but they must lead such a sad life Lady if they get kicks from trolling. I must lead a very sheltered life smile

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 15:03:46

People are strange about teenagers on MN in general.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 15:10:30

They are. Read loads of threads about scary teenagers walking in groups etc by mothers of toddlers. Teenagers are not the antichrist.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 15:12:27

There was more than one poster on that thread who agreed with the OP.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 15:31:44

The people who agreed must not have a 16 year old kid, and know that they are still very long, or have completely forgotten what it was like to be that age.

Or they are heartless gits.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 15:33:10

I'll go with the they are heartless gits.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 15:34:22

Still very long? Young.

DD is 6 foot though so she is long as well.

Yes heartless gits or in a special category 'spouts shit on MN they don't really mean'

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 15:37:43

My DS is quite long grin

There's a thread at the moment full of 'spouting shit for the sake of it'

complexnumber Mon 11-Feb-13 15:40:51

I assumed the poster talking about treating all over-12s with contempt was being sarcastic and spoofing the meanness of the OP.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 15:50:41

No, I don't think so, she commented further down the thread saying that her birthdays as a teen weren't very special, £20 in an envelope or something. She wasn't joking imo.

manicbmc Mon 11-Feb-13 15:57:18

There was a teen on here last night, asking how to cope with his/her terrible drug taking father. It was very sad reading and I hope it wasn't a bridge dweller.

Greensleeves Mon 11-Feb-13 16:01:04

Getorf, I was shocked by that post as well

Some people are very hard on teenagers sad

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 16:08:12

Yes, it's one thing I have really noticed in recent years, that absolute lack of understanding for teens. Get them to cook for themselves, kick them out if they don't toe the line, don't think they are entitled to any help post 16, 'I had a job at that age' crap.

I had a job and a flat at 16, last thing I want for my dd. They still need and deserve looking after and imo need more care and attention than 10 year olds sometimes.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 16:11:18

It is true, the amount of times I read on here, kick them out, stop doing their washing etc makes me sad

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 16:13:00

I would hate to think that these people would really kick out their kids.

But god knows. You hear horrible stories, some of dd's friends from school had been slung out after rows etc. Poor bloody kids.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 11-Feb-13 16:21:58

Yes I agree GetOrf and usual.
I luffs my teen and do stuff for him as he does for me, we're a unit.
It's the ones who stop doing stuff for them that'll be the ones with the problem teens in the future.
I think the poster that we're talking about is a he not a she BTW.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 16:27:58

Oh is it a bloke?

One to add to the list of weirdy blokes on mumsnet, then.

Greensleeves Mon 11-Feb-13 16:33:10

My sister was kicked out at 16 and lived in a YMCA. My brother was kicked out at 15.

I can't imagine suddenly withdrawing love and nurture from my boys because they hit a certain age. But it is what some people seem to do sad

I worked with teen girls when I was younger. It used to scare me that they looked so "together" but were incredibly emotionally fragile. Everything is so intense at that age. It actually upsets me more to think of a 17yo feeling sad on a birthday than a toddler.

BringBackBod Mon 11-Feb-13 16:34:58

I'm glad it was a troll. Such a depressing thread.

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 16:35:12

I agree. A toddler wouldn't really notice that they didn't have any presents or whatever. But a 17 would understand perfectly that they weren't cared for or thought about.

I wouldn't want my dd to feel so bereft. She's still my baby anyway. Hopefully she will still come on sit on my lap for a cuddle when she's 43. grin

Greensleeves Mon 11-Feb-13 16:38:37

My boys regularly tell me "We will still be your babies when we have got bushy beards won't we Mummy" grin

GetOrf Mon 11-Feb-13 16:40:32

They will be grin

DD is taller than me now. Still doesn't stop her creeping up for a cuddle. And not just when she wants to 'borrow' a tenner. grin

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 16:42:03

I still cuddle my girls and they are 28 and 33 grin

Greensleeves Mon 11-Feb-13 16:43:22

she sounds luvly grin

JenaiMorris Mon 11-Feb-13 16:45:15

Having witnessed the OUTRAGE when some Y7s had the audacity to use the skate ramp thingy for skateboarding on, thus EXCLUDING the smaller children to the large and very nicely equipped play area, they don't even have to have reached their teens to become the devil incarnate round my way.

It's baffling.

The outraged parents are utter twats btw, case you hadn't guessed. And their children are wusses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now