Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think that if you stiryour beverage more than twice, you should expect some jaw clenching from your accompanists?

(59 Posts)
GretaGip Mon 11-Feb-13 13:57:38

It's farking annoying.

Put the spoon down and move away from the agitation.

Grrrr.

[shirt-tempered]

GretaGip Mon 11-Feb-13 14:14:17

Peace orf, LadyCC.

You knew what I meant. The people wot I am accompanying.

The ones thinking they're frigging Mike Old field on their Flat Whites.

LadyClariceCannockMonty Mon 11-Feb-13 14:37:01

grin

Soz.

If I ever meet you I'll be sure to accompany you on my mug with my teaspoon. I'll even do a drumming thing and tap the mug – then the table – then the mug – then the table – then the mug ...

aldiwhore Mon 11-Feb-13 15:03:20

YABU on the limited number of stirs allowed.

YANBU to find excessive stirring annoying. My DH positively WHISKS his tea. Please make it stop.

But surely it is the law to be musical with ones teaspoon?

I have been known to play a pleasing version of Gaudete on the spoon with my Christmassy cup of char...

<stirry stirry clink clunk>

mrsjay Mon 11-Feb-13 15:10:11

My DH positively WHISKS his tea. Please make it stop.

I laughed at that MY dh pours water from on high and whisks to make his coffee froth angry

andubelievedthat Mon 11-Feb-13 15:12:24

agreed, and if they(usually males) join it with clicking their false teeth fitment/plate ?well .... i now understand how it is friendships can be ended over the "simplest of things "!

dawntigga Mon 11-Feb-13 15:19:46

Y.A.B.U. fact!

It'sPeopleWhoWhistleWhoNeedToStopTiggaxx

GretaGip Mon 11-Feb-13 22:34:15

Oh, friffing bean, dawnti, that's a whole other thread!

Whistoers need to be plumbed, deeply and longly.

Double grr.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 11-Feb-13 22:39:14

Is that you Chaos?
I stir my coffee continuously, especially in public because I can't have a fag.

Take a leaf out of Commander Bond's beverage manual and put drinky into shaker to avoid stirrage.

brew

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Mon 11-Feb-13 23:32:36

I bet you're a slurper though OP.

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Mon 11-Feb-13 23:34:02

DD is a hummer. I quite like it well some of the time. How would she get on chez Gip?

TuftyFinch Mon 11-Feb-13 23:38:02

I dont stir at all. Ever.

MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Mon 11-Feb-13 23:38:35
MardyBraWouldDoEddieRedmayne Mon 11-Feb-13 23:41:32
aurynne Spain Tue 12-Feb-13 07:11:43

I stir my drinks many times. I play with pens. And I crack my fingers. I always seem to be needing to do stuff with my hands, actually. You and I would be great friends, OP :P

Twattybollocks Tue 12-Feb-13 07:15:09

Yabu. I fecking hate it when someone makes me a cuppa, fails to stir adequately and I then have a drink which is not sweet enough at first and then is syrup for the bottom inch. Just stir the bastard drink properly!

NotSoNervous Tue 12-Feb-13 07:17:29

YABU

Who cares how many times people stir their drinks

lougle Tue 12-Feb-13 07:20:58

You'd LOVE my mum! She stirs a religious 10 times per cup, scraping it hard enough to leave silver swirls on the mug.

SkeletonButterfly Tue 12-Feb-13 10:23:40

Is that you Chaos? grin

Are you ok?

<head tilt>

I don't have sugar in my tea so I don't stir AT ALL grin

Can I be your best friend OP???

DeWe Tue 12-Feb-13 10:46:14

You'd hate my df. He used to say 34 was the right number of times to stir. I think (now) he was joking, but we'd do it very carefully counting for him. grin

Flobbadobs Tue 12-Feb-13 11:05:44

DH: milk in, stir vigorously. Slurp a mouthful. More milk, stir again. Dunk biscuit. Swear when biscuit breaks off in cup. Fish biscuit out of hot cup with fingers, swear again at burnt fingers...
Growl...

LittleMissFantabulous Tue 12-Feb-13 11:06:51

Plastic spoon left over from weaning days. Can't hear the fucker in the cupgrin

Lafaminute Tue 12-Feb-13 11:07:53

This drives my dh - normally the calmest and most tolerant of people - bananas!!! You are not alone op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now