Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To keep them off school

(57 Posts)
AugustMoon Mon 11-Feb-13 08:26:47

I've got a headache, it's been snowing (school's 10 min drive away), they - ds1 9 and ds2 6, don't want to go. I really hate being the baddy nagging them to get ready when they really don't want to go. Feel they'll hate me for it. Never kept them off before but really haven't got the will this morning. And don't really want to take 6 month old baby out in the car on the roads. What do you think? Am I just crap?

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 09:09:59

oh yeah, of course she meant that hmm

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 09:11:02

What?

GregBishopsBottomBitch Mon 11-Feb-13 09:11:31

I've threatened and nearly dragged my DD to school with no shoes, because she was take her time to get them on, now she knows mummy means business.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 09:11:45

That the 6 month old was more precious than the others.

what a stupid thing to say.

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 09:12:12

I mean 'what' in a 'what the fuck' sense.
I am not faintly deaf.

OddBoots Mon 11-Feb-13 09:12:40

You can't ask a 6 month old to be quiet while you concentrate on a particularly treacherous bit of driving.

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 09:12:51

oh , sorry blush

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 09:13:03

X-post.
Sorry usual. My jaw dropping made me post in a confusing manner.

yaimee Mon 11-Feb-13 09:16:38

[hmmm] there are some oddballs on here socharlotte

yaimee Mon 11-Feb-13 09:17:55

hmm still gettig used to these emoticons

KnightBusRider Mon 11-Feb-13 09:18:11

You'd have regretted it by lunchtime when they are bickering and climbing the walls.

Enjoy the peace grin

socharlottet Mon 11-Feb-13 09:20:35

Why did she say she was worried about the baby being in the car on the roads, and not the other children who the post was about? she obviously doesn't care about their education

Badvoc Mon 11-Feb-13 09:22:17

Hope you feel better soon x

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 09:23:54

You can tell all that by one post, socharlotte?

GregBishopsBottomBitch Mon 11-Feb-13 09:23:56

someone has hiked up there judgy and presumptuous pants today, eh socharlotte

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Mon 11-Feb-13 09:24:32

Oh God mine were like this today. I don't know what it is, must be the weather - we have snow, not enough to make driving dangerous though I'd keep them off if it had been.

Ds2 is at home as he still has a cold, and is clearly shattered, ds1 arguedwith me and sobbed for about an hour as I wouldn't let him go swimming (he has a rotten cold too)and then we had to come home once we got there, to change his trousers which I hadn't noticed were totally muddy from last week.

We made it on time but just, and he was crying going in, he hates not doing the same as his friends. Miserable morning and tbh staying at home would have been easier!

Not crap OP - just one of those days.

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Mon 11-Feb-13 09:26:40

oh and I hate drving in the snow, with or without children, especially with babies as they may not be more precious but they are more vulnerable. ds3 is 5 weeks and we had a very near miss the other week in very little snow.

Jesus...why are some people so quick to jump on anything that could be taken slightly out of context.

Socharlottet - was that the best you could do? What a ridiculous thing to say!

yaimee Mon 11-Feb-13 09:30:07

6m/o babies aren't always easy passengers, can be distracting and make me quite nervous in the car.
op is having a bad day, but has got her act together and taken them to school, she just needed a bit of jollying along via mumsnet, she knew she was BU otherwise she wouldn't have posted.
I assume you have your halo to polish socharlotte so why not go and get on with that!

usualsuspect Mon 11-Feb-13 09:35:22

Good housekeeping, should have a halo polishing topic grin

whitby36 Mon 11-Feb-13 09:42:38

Op. Well done. I so know how you feel. My dc are similar ages and getting them to school is really stressful. It is even worse when you are not well.

Well done op.

Yes we all have days like this & anyone who claims they don't is either lying or has a nanny/chef/cleaner/personal trainer/generally help..

Pagwatch Mon 11-Feb-13 10:42:44

Yes girlsyearapart.
We all feel like it. I think everyone agrees with that.
But feeling like that and actually doing it are two different things and have very little to do with having a staff. I am not really sure what you mean tbh. Unless you think people have staff to get their children out of bed and take them to school.i don't know anyone like that.

Badvoc Mon 11-Feb-13 10:58:20

I feel like it most mornings in winter tbh.
I feel like it, I don't do it.
Always worse when coming up to a half term too IMO.

Rooneyisalwaysmoaning Mon 11-Feb-13 11:17:37

I think the world needs to hibernate a bit more in the winter. everyone's fecking miserable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now