To cancel these tickets and book my own?

(16 Posts)
kalidanger Sat 09-Feb-13 17:02:11

Bless her then smile

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 17:01:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 16:59:53

Is she as tight as a gnat's chuff?

Billwoody Sat 09-Feb-13 16:53:49

The tickets might not be refundable but you may be able to amend the times you travel for a charge. I do that regularly with advance tickets. Worth checking.

rebook so its worthwhile going and just tell her work paid for you and the 'refund' from hers made up the extra for hers and DD's ticket so nothing lost. thats assuming you can afford to do this. Guess she was trying to be helpful but did not quite think it through.

kalidanger Sat 09-Feb-13 16:53:12

She being 'helpful' by saving money? Tell her the money doesn't matter (assume it doesn't) then rebook.

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 16:51:32

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 16:48:02

I'd tell her you're getting different tickets for yourself & DD and ask her if she wants to come on the same trains as you or not. Maybe she just doesn't want a long trip.

kalidanger Sat 09-Feb-13 16:44:38

Is she insisting insistently on being helpful but getting it totally wrong or is she not OK with doing it differently?

I'd double-check she's not got a bloody good reason then cancel and rebook.

Just tell her you are booking earlier tickets and why. Ask if she wants an earlier ticket or if she would travel alone. YANBU.

I would leave her to use one of the tickets she booked for herself but buy better ones for you and DD - she shouldn't have ignored you so can travel alone

HecateWhoopass Sat 09-Feb-13 16:39:51

I would ask her why she chose those times.

Perhaps she doesn't want to be away longer.

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 16:36:57

MariusEarlobe Sat 09-Feb-13 16:36:11

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now