Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Virgin broadband and phone are shit

(11 Posts)
middleeasternpromise Sat 09-Feb-13 00:48:27

AIBU to slag them off - no phone or Internet for 3 days now can only phone them on premium line mobile and if I go on their website there is no news as they don't want potential customers to know how shit they are! I think they need shaming publically if I can't talk to them direct

They are total rubbish.

About a year ago they were doing something in our road - next thing we had no Internet and our landline calls were being received on next door neighbour's phone!

Virgin claimed this was a total coincidence. Practically ended up having a meltdown on the (premium rate) phone line to 'customer services'. We decided to sack them - their broadband was crap anyway - they kept claiming that we owed them £100000's and threatened us with court proceedings. In the same post, we would get a letter of apology saying it was all sorted now and our account was clear, another one demanding an immediate payment of £££££ and a third begging us to return as valued customers.

This went on for literally months, the file is huge and I'm keeping everything in case it ever rears its head again.

Hate, hate, hate Virgin.

LogonMounstuart Sat 09-Feb-13 08:37:41

Yes totally shit. Had Virgin landline for a year. Has stopped working 5 times. Each time it costs a small fortune to call them [it is free from a Virgin landline madam- yes but that isn't bloody working it it!] then have to take half day of work to wait for engineer. Engineers are always lovely but add all this to expensive call charges and they are way more expensive than BT.

TeenyW123 Sat 09-Feb-13 09:04:32

Try and get an alternative number that's not premium on saynoto0870.

Teeny

Fairylea Sat 09-Feb-13 09:05:49

Yanbu. They really are.

AbyCat Sat 09-Feb-13 10:40:07

Oh fuck, are they really that bad? DH has just signed up to them as he wants the cable & fast broadband, we've been with Sky for years but they're too expensive & a bit shite, and my DM is always having a mare with BT so I agreed to try Virgin as that's what DH wanted. Are we doomed then?

Sallyingforth Sat 09-Feb-13 10:41:21

Very happy with the service here. Any problems have been quickly resolved.

snickers251 Sat 09-Feb-13 10:46:50

We swap each year to get the best new customer deal from sky a d virgin.

We signed up to Virgin in August and soon realised our home phone wasn't working but phone itself was a bit crap so replaced that before trying to call Virgin, obviously we couldn't from our home phone so each time we rang the told us to call 150 from the home phone hmm er no ....

It's taken this long to get it sorted!

gamerwidow Sat 09-Feb-13 10:47:11

Virgin are fine all the time the service works (which where I am is very reliable) however I know from past experience that as soon as something goes wrong they are useless.
I don't think virginmedia are alone in this unfortunately and I've received crappy service from sky and bt too.
You may as well go with the cheapest service that fits your needs because they're all a bit rubbish.

ChaoticisasChaoticdoes Sat 09-Feb-13 11:06:44

I've never had a problem with Virgin. In fact one time I had a problem with the internet the man on the other end of the line went above and beyond what he needed to do in order to try and get it working again. It turned out to be a problem with my router in the end.

LogonMounstuart Sat 09-Feb-13 13:11:02

Don't know about TV as don't have satellite/cable but telephone service is dreadful with Virgin and calls are very expensive. Broadband is ok. BT much much better and cheaper. Will go back to BT.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now