ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To hide a little warning note to MIL when she comes to babysit tomorrow?

(946 Posts)
Wheresmygalaxy Fri 08-Feb-13 21:49:37

Tomorrow will be the 3rd time MIL has come to babysit for us since our son was born, hes 7 months.

The 1st time dp and I went to ikea and when we returned she was prattling on and on about applying for child tax credits, all about how wonderful sil is eligible for them but doesnt claim - good for her, thought it was an odd topic but she is odd smile

so the next time she babysit upon our return she was now gabbering on about which local hospital is the best to go to, she didnt like the one i gave birth in and made it well known that it wasnt as good as the 1 her friends daughter went to, so again im thinking what on earth is she on about. Then after she had gone i opened a drawer in my bedside table only to find my next hospital appt check up letter was in there and it was clearly obvious that she had gone through it while i was out. I find this just really odd i know shes really nosey but to go through of all the things in the house my bedside drawer i just found weird. She has mentioned other things that have made me think how does she even know that but having put 2 and 2 together its clear shes snooping around while were out. I love her for coming to babysit, shes giving up her time but that doesnt mean come in and go through my things does it!

I mentioned it to DP nad he said yep she always used to do it to him and his sister growing up and in fact continued to clean their rooms up until the ages of 21 and 24 when they finally left home (believe me ive shared my views on that alone since i found out hmm ).

so aibu to write a note something along the lines of "get out you nosey old cow" on a piece of paper. or something a bit more dramatic like some retirement home brochures with her name at the top grin

Sheepasaurus Sat 09-Feb-13 23:35:38

Still no update? Tsk!

Heeeheeeeeheeee galaxy well done!
Enjoy your night, but we WILL be expecting updates tomorrow
grin

ivykaty44 Sat 09-Feb-13 23:38:11

Have a great night out

LilQueenie Sat 09-Feb-13 23:45:29

enjoy your night. Hope all goes well tomorrow too. and a big big thank you for checking in. grin

SpringBulbs Sat 09-Feb-13 23:48:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bogeyface Sat 09-Feb-13 23:50:19

I really do think that you need to give your DH the heads up. It could all go very wrong, as it did for a previous poster if he doesnt know.

Haha! Amazing. Well played OP. Have a great evening and can't wait to hear about MILs reaction!

If you are going for the emigration option then pop a note in the draw with the forms that says, I can't bear your mother snooping any longer, I think we should get away as far as possible! wink

Love the plan, will be checking in the am to see how it went!

Unacceptable Sun 10-Feb-13 00:01:53

Is it so wrong that I am totally envious of this?

My babysitters are so dull!!

LittleChimneyDroppings Sun 10-Feb-13 00:03:49

Oooh, I love it. Looking forward to the update grin

SavoyCabbage Sun 10-Feb-13 00:10:38

grin

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Sun 10-Feb-13 00:13:40

I've just come back from babysitting (no snooping I promise) and was hoping for an update

ElectricSheep Sun 10-Feb-13 00:19:44

Wish I had a snooping MIL - it sounds such fun Can'y wait for the update grin

DizzyCow63 Sun 10-Feb-13 00:20:52

Hope you are having a lovely night OP but do hurry up and update us grin

louisianablue2000 Sun 10-Feb-13 00:24:21

Marking place for tomorrow. You lot are all so evil!

Jackz133 Sun 10-Feb-13 01:03:49

smile

OrangeLily Sun 10-Feb-13 01:22:23

Oh come on its after 1am and still no update?!?! Surely the OP isn't still out! Maybe her MIL has done something drastic grin

whethergirl Sun 10-Feb-13 01:25:09

brew

DeepRedBetty Sun 10-Feb-13 01:26:03

Off to bed placemarking for the morning. Hope you had a fantastic night out OP.

Homebird8 Sun 10-Feb-13 01:30:08

You will update won't you Galaxy? I'm watching.

BTW, being someone who emigrated to NZ, if I'd thought it would be this easy to tell the relies, I might have done it the same way. Perhaps you should go through with it! wink

KatieMiddleton Sun 10-Feb-13 01:55:35

This isn't just a shameless place marking it is but a helpful suggestion for next time...--it's not--

Marriage certificate or registry office papers if you're not up to the photoshopping. There's no way even the nosiest mil could resist mentioning it.

my MIL is so awful that DH is almost no-contact with her, but I wonder if a snooper isn't worse!

We're all going to be so disappointed when there's been no snooping and Galaxy's MIL has been a saintly babysitter.

NotMostPeople Sun 10-Feb-13 02:31:16

Love this, hope you have a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now