What The Actual Fuck Do I Do?! Quick help!!

(72 Posts)
RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:19:30

I have a water infection . Can't get to drs til tomorrow . I literally need to piss a rain drop every 2 mins .

Thought a full carton of cranberry juice would be a good idea .

I'm in the toilets at work having PISSED myself !! Actually PISSED myself !! I have about 5 mins left before my break finishes !!

What the fuck do I do ??

I've pissed my pants - right through to my trousers !!

Please go home and get to a doctor!

apostropheuse Fri 08-Feb-13 21:40:32

This just gets weirder and weirder.

GinAndSlimlinePlease Fri 08-Feb-13 21:42:17

go home! Via doctors for antibiotics.

Don't mess with the bladder/kidneys woman!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 08-Feb-13 21:43:55

Ah... say that you've accidentally sat in the boss's dog's wee. Blame him, that's what dogs are for. grin

If you can't get anti-b's tonight, OP, get some Cystocalm/Cymalon or other preparation from a 24 hour supermarket's pharmacy section.

Hope you feel better soon, water infections are horrid.

BlackandGold Fri 08-Feb-13 21:46:02

The key word here is infection.

A UTI can track back up to the kidneys and be incredibly painful; you need the appropriate antibiotics. If left untreated it can leave scarring etc in the future.

Please go to the OOH Health Centre asap

Solo Fri 08-Feb-13 21:47:19

Over the counter stuff is a waste of money. Bi carb in water every couple of hours works a treat, but you do sound like you should be seen by a doctor. Don't leave a UTI if you are passing blood! it wont go away, just come back worse whilst probably doing more damage!

catladycourtney1 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:47:37

I take my hat off to anyone who can drink those powdered sachet things for cystitis without heaving. Jesus Christ, I think I'd sooner drink piss.

I don't know why those would ever be my choices, like...

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Fri 08-Feb-13 21:50:32

YY... catlady... I have a packet of Cystocalm in front of me. I had one sachet three days ago and I can still 'taste' it. Vile stuff. shock It did work though.

Darksideofthe80s Fri 08-Feb-13 21:54:06

Hmmm not so sure that it's just the piddled pants smelling a bit off hmm

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:55:13

Gosh I never thought they were that serious !

Unless I'm getting cystitus mixed up with a water infection confused

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:56:55

I can assure you I'm not the poo troll grin

I'm just the lady who pissed herself at work!

pooka Fri 08-Feb-13 21:58:11

Cystitis is a UTI which is also a water infection.

IamtheZombie Fri 08-Feb-13 21:59:26

But, frustrated, Zombie is my name. It's a proper noun. As such it must be capitalised.

quoteunquote Fri 08-Feb-13 22:00:26

please go to A&E, I had a serious infection, I ended up spending weeks in hospital, it was nearly not a good outcome.

frustratedworkingmum Fri 08-Feb-13 22:01:27

grin Zombie - i meant NOT shouldnt be capatalised smile I would not want offend the great shuffly one!

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 22:03:01

Oh dear !
Will def take heed of the advice and get myself checked .
I really thought once it went away on its own it was fine .

puds11isNAUGHTYnotNAICE Fri 08-Feb-13 22:03:21

grin I'm just a lady who pissed herself at work

IamtheZombie Fri 08-Feb-13 22:08:58

"the great shuffly one"

Zombie likes that.

She doesn't take offence easily. You may sleep safe in your bed tonight.

wink

'UTI' = urinary tract infection, could be anywhere from bladder to kidney.
Cystitis = bladder infection
Pyelonephritis = kidney infection

Sorry about the jargon...
Glad you are going to get yourself checked out.
Recurring UTIs may cause scarring of the kidneys which over time can affect your kidney's filtration function which has all sort of knock-on effects (blood pressure, kidney failure etc). 'Tis not common, most simple cases of cystitis, more often in women, are sore and horrible but do not cause harm necessarily.

Btw, not every I-need-to-go-all-the-time-and-it-hurts episode is always an infection. Just to make things even more confusing.
Bicarb in water changed urine's acidity, makes passing water less painful and can make the 'environment' less inviting for bugs to multiply.

BabyMakesTheBellyGoRound Fri 08-Feb-13 23:30:05

UTIs can be hell to clear up if you leave them too long.
Don't worry OP only the whole of mumsnet will think of you as MrsPissyKnickers grin
Get well soon.

ThreeWheelsGood Fri 08-Feb-13 23:52:34

I've only had one UTI, it led to a kidney infection and temperature of 41 degrees. Go home, rest, drink lots and lots of fluid - water not just juice - get antibiotics if necessary. Your health is more important than your job.

Hope you got seen by Dr.
But it was too amusing not to comment - poo troll and pissy pants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now