What The Actual Fuck Do I Do?! Quick help!!

(72 Posts)
RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:19:30

I have a water infection . Can't get to drs til tomorrow . I literally need to piss a rain drop every 2 mins .

Thought a full carton of cranberry juice would be a good idea .

I'm in the toilets at work having PISSED myself !! Actually PISSED myself !! I have about 5 mins left before my break finishes !!

What the fuck do I do ??

I've pissed my pants - right through to my trousers !!

frustratedworkingmum Fri 08-Feb-13 21:25:05

Oh you poor thing sad Get your coat and go home, see if you can get to the doctors because you will need antibiotics. I suffer from UTIs from time to time and i cannot BEAR it.

Go home.

Contact NHS24 - antibiotics for a straightforward urine infection in otherwise healthy women are often prescribed without the need to be seen.

Find OOH pharmacist.

Start treatment tonight.

The only good thing about UTIs is that they respond quickly to antibiotics...

Good luck.

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:25:50

It just seems to have come on this afternoon .

Have tried drying pants under the dryer - I now smell a rotten pair of weed on underwear !

I can't go home as my manager is not here to authorise it ! We are on the last night of a project .

I have a group session in Half hour - I'm going to stink !

quoteunquote Fri 08-Feb-13 21:26:08

Phone your boss, tell them you are going to A&E.

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:26:21

Coffee was still bloody hot !

Smells stronger than the piss though grin

larks35 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:28:07

I would go home if I were you. Just explain that you have a severe urinary infection and you can't finish your shift. If anyone really pushes it, tell them the effing truth and go home.

catladycourtney1 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:29:00

I have done this. I only had about half an hour left of my shift and my trousers were black so I rinsed them out as best I could and sprayed some body spray on them and carried on. I ended up with a kidney infection (not necessarily just because I went back to work, but water infections are no laughing matter). I would say go home, and try and get a doctors appt as soon as possible - it's classed as an emergency at my doctors so I always get seen the same day.

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:29:11

Are UTIs really that bad ??

I get them from time to time but usually let them run their course - last one had blood on my underwear but I just left it and went away confused

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:29:51

People are looking about !

I'm sure my colleague is sniffing the air - he has sniffed me out like a bloody hound dog .

frustratedworkingmum Fri 08-Feb-13 21:30:18

Its not your fault you are ill, FGS go home!

diddl Fri 08-Feb-13 21:30:48

UTIs if left can affect kidneys!

skullcandy Fri 08-Feb-13 21:31:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cocolepew Fri 08-Feb-13 21:31:56

God no dont ignore them, you usually need anti biotics

apostropheuse Fri 08-Feb-13 21:32:45

You NEED to go home. It's likely to happen again.

If you're ill you're ill. It's as simple as that.

I had a severe urine infection a few years back - wet myself the same as you, but I had managed to get home first. I was at the stage I couldn't lift my foot off the floor to walk as the pain was so bad. I went to see the out of hours doctor and she sent me to hospital where I had to be admitted and given IV antibiotics. It was awful.

Please go home - and get it seen to ASAP.

Get yourself checked out ASAP - work or no work.
If you end up in hospital with a kidney infection you are not available to work either, for goodness sake

HollyBerryBush Fri 08-Feb-13 21:34:34

take your knickers off ..... rinse tehm in the sink .... dry under the airer

ouryve Fri 08-Feb-13 21:34:58

Definitely go home and get antibiotics from out of hours ASAP. Especially if you're prone to infections like that. You could do yourself some permanent damage by not treating them.

VirgoGrr Fri 08-Feb-13 21:35:08

Seriously, if you pass blood, from any orifice, it needs attention.
I had a uti that ended up as a kidney infection due to not getting the right antibis soon enough. Terrible fever, incredible backache. You can end up in hospital.

Phone OOH doctor.

BoffinMum Fri 08-Feb-13 21:35:27

I find announcing one has 'urgent women's problems and need to go home' make the men very alarmed and glad to see the back of you.

IamtheZombie Fri 08-Feb-13 21:36:12

For future reference, Zombie thinks she's seen it said on here that you should NOT drink cranberry juice while you actually have cystitis. Sorry that's no real help to you right now.

Is this the poo troll, now returning as the pissy troll?

BoffinMum Fri 08-Feb-13 21:37:01

Also one should always have a little make up bag stashed at work with spare pants, special wet wipes, tampons, a panty liner and so on. All sorts of things happen to the ladygarden during the working day, that need attention.

EuroShagmore Fri 08-Feb-13 21:37:21

I ended up with an agonising kidney infection that had me writhing around from a UTI. Now I don't mess with them - antibiotics straight away. Nothing else works. Fortunately, I get them rarely.

RosiesRedLetter Fri 08-Feb-13 21:38:59

Have called my sister . After much laughing and snorting she is bringing me some spare clothes .

Only have an hour left at work so will call in to local walk in on way home.

The big big boss has his pup in the office tonight - it won't leave me the fuck alone - keeps trying to shove its head into crotch shock

frustratedworkingmum Fri 08-Feb-13 21:39:53

The zombie is right! Althugh i dont think it need to be capitalised smile But the school of thought is, whilst cranberry juice is very good for UT health drinking loads of it during an attack is not good because the sugar content actually results in your urine becoming stronger so can lead to more irritation. Just drink water and if you really wont go to the doctors then get something from the chemist on the way home.

If it were me, id be calling OOH and insisting on being seen because if it gets worse you WILL be in agony by the end of the night.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now