To want to give Michael Gove a Chinese burn

(140 Posts)
RavenVonChaos Fri 08-Feb-13 19:03:25

And then kick him hard in the shins before booting him into outer space?

Am I, am I ? confused

marriedinwhite Sat 09-Feb-13 18:36:01

Sorry to disappoint but I was not being ironic.

I suggest some teachers need to swap with me - I don't see many working late where I work; or with my DH who works 12-14 hour days and has done for the last 27 years with only six weeks holiday. Certainly some would do well to swap with Michael Gove. Let's see some of you the morning after a night at dispatches or after a two week court case or after a week of performance managing teachers who are pulling sickies and extraordinarily surprisingly well enough to come back to work the day after their full pay runs out. Would that the general population had such miraculous benefits and thank goodness a Grade 3 lesson has recently been regraded as "needing improvement" and is not longer "satisfactory". It is not satisfactory is not good enough and it is not what I would want my children to receive.

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 18:38:05

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 18:38:25

fictitious

SuffolkNWhat Sat 09-Feb-13 18:41:13

Bring it on married.

I would wager Gove would quit before me every time. Especially when dealing with 8X last thing on a Tuesday afternoon with no support, sanctions that are laughed at and then go on to Parent's Evening and come in and do it all again the next day, and the next until the end of time*.

Good job I fucking love my job eh?

*exaggerations might be used in order to jazz up and entertain in this post. This will allow little Margaret at the back to stay engaged despite doing no work for the past 6 weeks.

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 18:41:43

Thank you for have the guts to try to sort out education

Thank you for abolishing the minimum temperature in classrooms.
Thank you for removing the requirement for a staffroom.
Thank you for getting rid of a required minuimum number of toilets per pupil.
Thank you for removing the requirement to separate staff toilets from pupils'.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 09-Feb-13 18:45:08

Thank you for completely discrediting my subject to the point where teachers are leaving it in droves.
Thank you for scaring lots of current Year 9s who may not have the choice to rethink their options after your cock up with GCSEs.
Thank you for telling Headteacher's that teachers following their contracts are in breach of it (WTF?!) and should have their pay docked.
Thank you for causing my blood pressure to rise each time I see your smug face.

Michael ROSEN for Education Secretary

Should we ask mn whether we can have him on for a web chat? grin

SuffolkNWhat Sat 09-Feb-13 18:46:49

I don't want to be banned BadKitten and believe me I would be grin

Catsnotrats Sat 09-Feb-13 18:47:29

Married - I think many teachers here would love to swap with you to see how magnificently you would manage the job yourself.

TheFallenMadonna Sat 09-Feb-13 18:52:59

If I have to listen to the unqualified use of the word rigour again, I shall do some damage to something.

You can't argue with the concept of rigour, can you?

But defining it, that's the tricky bit...

Well, at least we now know that it doesn't involve single exam boards.

And does involve expressing rates of change in kW. Apparently...

Arse.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 09-Feb-13 18:54:24

Yes do explain more about this "rigour" Gove has brought in. I must be working with my eyes shut but I haven't seen any evidence of this yet.

Catsnotrats Sat 09-Feb-13 18:58:56

Well 11 year olds have to now be able to identify subordinate clauses and prepostions in a sentence. However it no longer matters if they can actually use them when writing.

corblimeymadam Sat 09-Feb-13 19:02:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marriedinwhite Sat 09-Feb-13 19:03:52

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 19:04:59

Primary, and outstanding, outstanding and outstanding, thanks. smile

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 19:05:54

I teach them not to streotype and make ridiculous generalisations, yes - and to challenge wherever they find them.

marriedinwhite Sat 09-Feb-13 19:06:13

Actually, I always thought I would teach when I had children. When my DC started school I changed my mind. I loved the children; I couldn't believe the extent to which the staff continually moaned - to the parents - their clients/customers. Absolutely disgraceful.

ScillyCow Sat 09-Feb-13 19:06:22

Michael Gove, for example, is a twat.

ScillyCow Sat 09-Feb-13 19:07:15

Me, married: Secondary. Outstanding, outstanding and outstanding.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 09-Feb-13 19:08:08

Albatross plays subtly in the background (old skool innit)

I'm not just outstanding, I am HMI outstanding. grin

Catsnotrats Sat 09-Feb-13 19:09:02

Me too Suffolk grin

SuffolkNWhat Sat 09-Feb-13 19:09:23

Actually, I always thought I would teach when I had children.

Because of the holidays? As a nice little break whilst the children were young?

Teaching is so much more than that and for most it is still a vocation.

marriedinwhite Sat 09-Feb-13 19:10:08

And I hope that every teacher who delivers outstanding lessons will benefit form performance related pay in the not too distant future. Outstanding teachers need to be rewarded. Teachers who need improvement should be performance managed and should not be awarded increments. I hope professional teachers would agree with that.

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 19:10:38

Feenie Sat 09-Feb-13 19:11:44

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now