Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be horrified at the names my daughter has given her children?

(165 Posts)

DD is 3.7 and has been playing mummies today. Apparently she has 2 babies.

The boy is called Egg-in-a-cup and the girl is called Ice-cream-in-a-cone. confused

The poor dears will be bullied mercilessly. And clearly they'll be held back by these names, I mean they're hardly the names of a doctor or a lawyer.

AIBU? grin

BigSilky Thu 07-Feb-13 18:35:49

YABU, the hyphens take them a step above ordinary. They'll be the only ones in their class!

We had Diana and Betty in our house confused

kerala Thu 07-Feb-13 18:36:16

My sister had pinkyrose. Sadly don't think she plans to use this for any dc now she's grown up which I feel is a shame. My 4 year old has imogen and Olivia boringly tasteful..

Bobyan Thu 07-Feb-13 18:37:03

Ds's teddy is from IKEA and hence he is called Sven. My dh tells me he likes football and shagging just like his namestake!

Bullincathkidston Thu 07-Feb-13 18:46:24

DD has an Olive she fetched home from spain, she was a central heater instead of a senorita

TurquoiseTranquility Thu 07-Feb-13 18:47:14

Well well. What am I to do then, if according to DS his soon-to-be-born baby sister should be called...

are you ready for this?

either

GAY

or

BABY JESUS???

[weeping bitterly emoticon]

BramblyHedge Thu 07-Feb-13 18:50:02

We had a bear called 'short to normal'

Nagoo Thu 07-Feb-13 18:51:57

Baby goo's DD is called Bubbles smile

Ds has never named his children. Bastard.

IWantAnotherBaby Thu 07-Feb-13 18:52:56

DD (5) has twins called (boy) Joseph Polly and (girl) Cupcake Molly.

onehitwonder Thu 07-Feb-13 18:53:06

We have a
very small Cadburys buttons monkey called 'Azim in the mud' and a large bunny called 'I oh Missy Rabbit' grin

FuriousRox Thu 07-Feb-13 18:53:59

Dd has dolls called Annie, Little Boy and ..er Dendoor. Ok, dd, whatever you say!

Psammead Thu 07-Feb-13 18:54:56

DD has a doll named Baby Doctor.

I imagined it growing up, becoming a doctor, and having to hear Doctor Doctor jokes all its life.

I possibly need to get out more.

Egginacup will never be a high court judge. A mumsnetter, perhaps.

Some of these names are fantastic!

Turquoise DS was born on Christmas Day and were briefly tempted to call him Jesus. My gran suggested Rudolph. hmm

MrsKeithRichards Thu 07-Feb-13 18:56:06

You need to sit her down and ask her in all honesty, will they ever be high court judges with names like that?

My daughter got given a baby girl doll when she was about 4, and I got her 2 year old brother a boy doll at the same time, thinking they could play together. Daughter named her doll "Mary" having recently heard the nativity and insisted that every female toy was Mary, every male Joseph.

My two year old named his baby boy doll Carfight.

This is the same boy who had a toy frog named Kunt. I am spelling it like that because I always imagined it was sort of germanic, but of course the pronounciation was as you might imagine. He loved Kunt and took it everywhere. His grandfather sweetly asked him what his toy frog was called, and upon being told very clearly "Kunt!" he enquired if maybe my son meant to say Kermit. Son shook his head vigorously. "Not Kermit, Kunt!" Poor Grandfather was a bit shocked... we probably should have made him rename it, but he always made up names for his toys and had no idea he was saying something that sounded so rude.

bottleofbeer Thu 07-Feb-13 18:59:49

On my way for a scan I asked my youngest son what we should call the baby. He said Golden Hair or Kwik Save.

I'm now looking forward to being a nan and taking my grandson Kiwkky out to the park.

ElephantsAndMiasmas Thu 07-Feb-13 19:00:26

My brother had Sophie, Margaret and, er, Grumpy.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Thu 07-Feb-13 19:03:03

My DD (9) currently has dolls named 'Karen' and 'Lisa'

She is years ahead of her contemporaries - her generation will follow suit by naming their children with good 'old fashioned' names of the 70's and 80's grin

MrsWolowitzerables Thu 07-Feb-13 19:03:33

DD1 (4 yo) has a dolly called "Baby Bumcrack" hmm

ouryve Thu 07-Feb-13 19:05:16

YABU. Those names are utterly perfect.

PastaB Thu 07-Feb-13 19:07:16

YANBU but does she look after them properly? DD's twins, Arch and Yoggy, regularly get thrown out of the toy pushchair to make way for the remote controls.

Lambzig Thu 07-Feb-13 19:07:21

DD wanted to call her baby brother 'Shane'

Snowsquonk Thu 07-Feb-13 19:07:44

In the bath one night, my toddler daugher announced that her knees were separate people named Hinny and Hicky and that her hands were also separate people and they were called Bingly and Bongly.

Bingly and Bongly were occasionaly very naughty, but Hinny and Hicky were delightful!

insanityscratching Thu 07-Feb-13 19:07:52

Dd had two imaginary friends Hungry and Pickoff, don't think they'll make the popular list any tie soon tbh.

CheerfulYank Thu 07-Feb-13 19:07:53

DS has puppies called Firetruck, MassDog, and Gordie. He says he wants a real girl puppy, a yellow lab, who will be called Rosella.

dawntigga Thu 07-Feb-13 19:08:25

Could be worse it could be Spudulike - it's exotic.

StillMakesMeLaughTiggaxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now