To think Caitlin Moran is an MNer

(111 Posts)
Softlysoftly Thu 07-Feb-13 12:35:10

She only got to Page 35 before mentioning Greggs sausage rolls.

Come on out yourself.

FellatioNels0n Thu 07-Feb-13 14:14:18

It's ok not to like Caitlin, WCW. It really is. It might feel a bit strange saying it out loud on MN - like saying you vote Conservative. But it's fine.

GetOrf Thu 07-Feb-13 14:14:34

Yes to the rise of the LIGHT HEARTED

I don't know who Lucy Mangan is.

FellatioNels0n Thu 07-Feb-13 14:15:33

Neither do I Getorf. Does she hang out at the Guardian? Because if she does then she and I will never cross paths.

kirstys23 Thu 07-Feb-13 14:18:14

She was, but not now sad - Tweet response ''Used to be - until maybe 2005ish? Then got scared and ran away, waiting for twitter to be invented. I invented all ham memes''

GetOrf Thu 07-Feb-13 14:19:48

lol at 'I invented all ham memes'

nellyjelly Thu 07-Feb-13 14:23:47

Lucy is ok. Leave her alone.

FellatioNels0n Thu 07-Feb-13 14:27:22

Who invented the ham memes? Caitlin or Lucy? I was going to say I bet CM invented the Greggs meme.

She went to the Maldives, did she not? During the Exodus.... wink

<stirs>

FellatioNels0n Thu 07-Feb-13 14:31:13

I already said that PQ. Nobody responded. They either don't know are are afraid to speak.grin

TheMightyLois Thu 07-Feb-13 14:33:18

Ham memes?? grin

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 07-Feb-13 14:37:37

Blimey, I think I recognised all of the posters on that thread. What a blast from the past.

I have wondered who CM was on here. Now I know and I recognise the name. Who knew?!

drjohnsonscat Thu 07-Feb-13 14:38:55

Marmeladetwatkins

a) I love your name and hereby pronounce myself to be the same vintage as you and

b) I can't abide India Knight. Conservative attention seeker in "I'm fun and nice" clothing. Everyone needs to step away and ignore. And India please stop publicising your lovely lifestyle and your lovely house with all your lovely nicknacks (the heart cushion, the bunting, the owl themed things) and ethnic tat all over the place. If I've seen it in one Sunday supplement I've seen it in a hundred. Ditto Sophie Conran - I know what her kitchen looks like in more detail than my own kitchen.

<drj reveals surprisingly strong feelings on minor matters>

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Thu 07-Feb-13 14:39:20

Your post about moldies genuinely made me lol fellatio grin

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 07-Feb-13 14:42:37

Awww thanks, DrJohnson. It's new <twirls> wink

I'm not going to say too much about IK because last time I did, her fwend came on and had a big benny at us for being mean (yeah, the irony, huh?!) and MN deleted a load of us and it wasn't nice, so I'll just say yy to everything you just said.

And she totally nicked my interior designs style. Or her interior designer did because she didn't do it herself. Oh no she di'ent.

Well, for me it was a case of Veni Vidi Vici and could not let the door slam in my arse fast enough!

drjohnsonscat Thu 07-Feb-13 14:46:06

oh lordy. I didn't know that you could get suspended for being mean about an annoying person.

Let's just have a really tiny clique where we look snooty and nudge each other whenever a certain person is mentioned. It'll be fun and just like being at school.

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 07-Feb-13 14:47:25

I don't think any of us got suspended, just posts deleted. A lot of them WERE very mean mine included but not without good reason, IMO. It's not like we just started being mean about Bambi or summat.

manicbmc Thu 07-Feb-13 16:22:36

I liked CM's book. It was funny and got me through a bloody awful train journey (complete with 4 year old kicking my seat whilst his mother was performance parenting) grin

It'd be interesting to know if there were any famous MNetters but I'm not really bothered.

WireCatWhore Thu 07-Feb-13 16:24:40

Fellatio, I do not vote Conservative! grin

FellatioNels0n Thu 07-Feb-13 16:25:27

I did not try to intimate that you did! I was just saying....grin

WireCatWhore Thu 07-Feb-13 16:26:16

I vote Monster Raving Loony party....

Southeastdweller Thu 07-Feb-13 17:20:20

Maybe she lurks rather than posts as I don't recognise her style on any of the posts I've read.

I increasingly find her TOO MUCH. Muted her on Twitter now for a while. I'm nt keen on much of the Twitterati apart from Kathryn Flett and Lucy Mangan, both of whom I think probably are on here. Less said about India Knight the better, given how sensitive MNHQ are to any kind of criticism about her...

drjohnsonscat Thu 07-Feb-13 17:24:44

I do like Zoe Williams though. Is she on here? Am I already communicating with her? This is like a seance.

Pagwatch Fri 08-Feb-13 10:35:57

I remember the thread bout the disliking of a handbag scenario

< ignores everything else like sherry addled granny in the corner>

Pagwatch Fri 08-Feb-13 10:37:48

The more time passes since the night of the Moldies the funnier I find it which makes me insensitive and shallow. And sherry addled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now