to think if the actress who plays Gail in Corrie has been there so long she might have learnt to act by now?

(35 Posts)
ssd Wed 06-Feb-13 19:12:40

she is flamin dreadful

ssd Wed 06-Feb-13 20:40:37

shakey I think you've got a stalker grin

JamieandtheMagicTorch Wed 06-Feb-13 20:41:35

Incan't bear soaps now. So bloddy depressing

Shakey1500 Wed 06-Feb-13 20:45:43

I adore theatre work grin Nothing beats it.

The play I'm rehearsing at the moment is a bloody hard slog and I haven't quite found the character yet, but still at line learning stage so no great concern. (note- I am no longer professional, this is amateur. But dare I say sort of high brow amateur grin )

Musical theatre <sigh> if only.... Dream role would be....well....any Sondheim really!

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 06-Feb-13 20:49:21

Me too Jamie, and I used to love Corrie.
What is it with people wanting to watch others having miserable lives?
Ok we need the drama, but couldn't just one person have a happy marriage?
I loved Jack and Vera and Hilda and Stan, there was comedy amid the tragedy there.
Soap writers just seem to write unmitigated misery, but that seems to be what the public wants sad

Shakey1500 Wed 06-Feb-13 20:56:05

I agree Lady it's a shame that the subtle nuances of everyday relationships are studied more. Nowadays (especially at Christmas) there is this awful competition to see which soap can have the biggest disaster, the worst tragedy etc.

Shakey1500 Wed 06-Feb-13 20:56:23

*aren't

plummyjam Wed 06-Feb-13 21:48:51

Charlie Brooker once described her as having a head that looks like a mushroom cut in half.

FakePlasticLobsters Wed 06-Feb-13 21:53:55

She reminds me of those Cluedo characters, a real head on a kind of upside down golf tee, neck far too skinny to hold the head up.

And the flirting with Louis was horrific. All that eyelash batting and hints to go upstairs, all before the watershed. shudders

ssd Fri 08-Feb-13 09:34:25

did anyone see the last episode, Gail playing a drunk?

god even my kids said she was crap

ComposHat Fri 08-Feb-13 10:12:50

That was particularly bad with. But then again, there have been some great actors in Corrie.

I still mourn the death of Fred Elliot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now