To think someone may have been listening to our phone conversation and feel spooked?

(32 Posts)
sparklyjumper Tue 05-Feb-13 20:20:51

Was chatting to my mum on the phone, it sounded like someone had picked up a phone in another room and tried to dial a number, heard it pick up and then numbers being pressed, then it started going beep, pause, beep, I thought DM has accidently pressed a button but she said she hadn't, then you heard a phone being put down. Then a few minutes later it happened again. Both dm and me both only have one phone in the house, I'm on my own and she's on her own with DF who's asleep.

I said I was going and would ring her straight back but when I picked up my phone it was as though there was someone on the line, no dial tone just a beep, pause, beep. After a few minutes the line went free and I rang my mum back, she said her phone had been the same, we chatted for a few more minutes but it kept happening so we went.

What do you think?

Beaverfeaver Tue 05-Feb-13 21:44:13

I have had it happen only a few weeks ago.
I could hear someone's conversation and they could hear me.

Freaked me out, so I was polite and hung up completely

ThePinkOcelot Tue 05-Feb-13 21:49:01

Years ago, my DH was a BT engineer. Him and his mates in the exchange used to listen in to people's calls all the time. Said they had a great laugh sometimes!

sparklyjumper Tue 05-Feb-13 22:42:32

Wow that's a bit bad pp. I know someone who's a BT engineer maybe it's him.

mrsbunnylove Tue 05-Feb-13 22:48:23

Mrsbunny - how do you know thy have listened?
pure paranoia? and too many times hearing them. though, tbh, if 'they' were listening to my phonecalls, they'd have been bored.

ClartyCarol Tue 05-Feb-13 22:58:21

Blimey, I for one would like to hear more about Worra's neighbours; they sound like a right motley crew.

andubelievedthat Tue 05-Feb-13 23:39:53

If you value your privacy, do not do anything in front of a digital television you want to keep private ,doesn"t matter if plugged in or not>govt were so kind to insist we all had to switch to digital so we all would have better reception , a govt that cares about the population"s tv reception >wonderful !

DameFanny Tue 05-Feb-13 23:48:52

Appropriate user name there andu hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now