That woman in the DM again... Angry

(19 Posts)
AugustaProdworthy Tue 05-Feb-13 08:00:12

I know this is unreasonable really but I feel angry that that woman has written yet another rubbish article about her family in the DM. Firstly I don't care about your opinions, secondly I would love to know how you got the easy gig of writing about your family for cash in a daily national newspaper. I do wonder how the children feel about it....

I do wonder why, if she makes you angry, you continue to read the DM and anything written by her?
In fact why read the DM? There are other newspapers.
smile

GreenLeafTea Tue 05-Feb-13 08:04:28

Her eyes look really wonky in the pic.

I think fair play to her though if she can make a living from it and obviously people read it or they would drop her.

I do suspect she's on mumsnet though as her kids have very mumsnetty names.

annh Tue 05-Feb-13 08:04:34

Oh yuck, is it the awful Shona again? Her children must have an awful time at school, being teased about the sex lives of their parents! <off to check her latest cringe-inspiring drivel>

EllieArroway Tue 05-Feb-13 08:08:16

I can't bear the fucking woman.

Honestly, I think the DM know how irritating she is - and we do have an odd habit of clicking onto stories about people we loathe so we can loathe them a bit more. Clicks = cash.

AugustaProdworthy Tue 05-Feb-13 08:11:36

I feel calmer now... I only read it online for free and I do read other papers. I have now calmly walked away from the DM website. Deep breaths.

Greythorne Tue 05-Feb-13 08:24:04

Just don't read the DM.

I used to read it daily, under the pretence of "know your enemy". The sidebar of shame was a grubby little pleasure.

I went cold turkey about a year ago....and I have much lower blood pressure smile

Very occasionally, I click on a DM link and invariably regret it as it is total time suckage.

Just don't go there. It's unhealthy!

fuckadoodlepoopoo Tue 05-Feb-13 08:25:35

Who is this woman?

I tend not to read that newspaper due to the fucked up opinions i notice it gives to people.

solveproblem Tue 05-Feb-13 08:30:08

I read it too and it made me very sad....and it turned to anger when I read the awful comments!

People actually agree with her!?!?

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Tue 05-Feb-13 08:46:32

I'm sure the dm only do it to get people talking.

Sadly, as long as people go on the DM website and post hundreds of comments (as they usually do), and as long as people mention her on this site which leads to people clicking on the DM site, then they will continue to employ her to write this stuff. It generates traffic for the DM.

If no one rose to her stuff - no matter how ridiculous and how obviously written to generate 'feedback' - she would quite simply disappear.

In fact, MNHQ should ban all posts that make any reference to her as a starting point!

claig Tue 05-Feb-13 08:57:50

Link please?

PetiteRaleuse Tue 05-Feb-13 09:05:06

You know she must be planning an article on how being hated by mumsnet is traumatic and what a nest of vipers we all are.

<Waves at Shona>

I want commission if you haven't already pitched that idea wink

tealady Tue 05-Feb-13 09:10:47

Aside from the issue of using violence to discipline her children, I think it is cruel and abusive to use 'stories' about them in this way, with photos. Poor children - I feel sorry for them having a mother like that and angry with her for being so stupidly cruel.

DeWe Tue 05-Feb-13 09:21:32

I do wonder how the Mail finds their stories though.
A few weeks ago someone sent me a link to a dm NHS bashing story, which I have an interest in the health side. I read it through and thought it sounded familiar. Looked on line and found that the story (including names and ages, so definitely the same story) had been in the Telegraph over 10 years previously, the NHS had backtracked by the time the article was written in the Telegraph. confused

Do they really pay their journalist to trawl through old newspapers till they can find one that they can reprint? And it wasn't a catch up story or anything, it was presented as a recent thing.

JakeBullet Tue 05-Feb-13 09:24:45

Ah that Shona woman.....ignore....she is paid to write inane crap for them....bet she doesn't believe half of what she writes but hey.....it sells.

GreenLeafTea Tue 05-Feb-13 09:26:52

I thought they had turned off comments on her articles now.

I actually suspect her children enjoy the attention else they would pose for the photos would they? Especially the older ones.

I agree with absolutely nothing she says but she is like Samantha Brick. People click on the articles and they get talked about. More clicks = more advertising revenue for DM and so on. Best thing to do is not to look.

GreenLeafTea Tue 05-Feb-13 09:34:00

Yes, I noticed a while back that the DM does very little in the way of actual journalism and mostly they gather articles from across the net. For celeb stories they usually look through the photo agencies pictures and make up stories based on the photos they find. For example they will pick a picture of a celeb looking tired and write an article about how they are struggling with being a new parent even if there are a dozen other pictures of them looking fine. When you actually read the article there is actually no content at all. It's all conjecture.

It sells though. I think the DM is the most popular online newspaper.

imogengladhart Tue 05-Feb-13 09:34:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now